VI Firmware for 2022 Ford Maverick Hybrid

uncarvedblock

Sep 17, 2021, 2:05:01 PM9/17/21
to OpenXC
The vehicle compatibility spreadsheet does not appear to have any entries for MY2020+ vehicles.

Which firmware would be appropriate for use with the 2022 Maverick Hybrid?

Pete Treman

Sep 21, 2021, 4:32:54 PM9/21/21
to OpenXC
Hello uncarvedblock,

I would like to apologize for the lack of the 2020, 2021 and 2022 firmware compatibility being updated. Due to the pandemic the Open XC team is still working from home and it is harder for us to get access to test vehicles for us to validate that a firmware has full compatibility with a vehicle program, we hope to have this issue resolved by early 2022.

For the 2022 Maverick Hybrid you should use Type 3 firmware, unfortunately as previously stated we have not been able to verify that that firmware will have all signals available.  Also the 2022 Maverick uses a gateway module that acts as a firewall protecting your vehicle network, due to this gateway module not all CAN frames are sent through to the OBD2 diagnostics port but all diagnostics messages are all still available, if you end up not getting all of the signals you need with the Type 3 firmware you should try the OBD2 version of the firmware.

uncarvedblock

Sep 21, 2021, 4:52:45 PM9/21/21
to OpenXC
Thanks for the update Pete.