Openwrap could not be started

Paul Cowan

Sep 12, 2011, 10:26:00 AM9/12/11
to openwra...@googlegroups.com
Hi,

I have just cloned the latest OW code and when I run the "o build-wrap" command from the newly cloned directory, I get the following error:

# OpenWrap v2.0.0.4331 ['C:\projects\openwrap\wraps\_cache\openwrap-2.0.0.81011175\bin-net35\OpenWrap.dll']
OpenWrap could not be started.
Could not load file or assembly 'Mono.Cecil, Version=0.9.4.0, Culture=neutral, PublicKeyToken=0738eb9f132ed756' or one of its dependencies. The system cannot find the file specified.
System.IO.FileNotFoundException: Could not load file or assembly 'Mono.Cecil, Version=0.9.4.0,
yToken=0738eb9f132ed756' or one of its dependencies. The system cannot find the file specified.
File name: 'Mono.Cecil, Version=0.9.4.0, Culture=neutral, PublicKeyToken=0738eb9f132ed756'
   at System.Reflection.RuntimeAssembly.GetExportedTypes(RuntimeAssembly assembly, ObjectHandle
   at System.Reflection.RuntimeAssembly.GetExportedTypes()
   at OpenWrap.BootstrapRunner.ExecuteEntryPoint(String[] args, Assembly entryPointAssembly)
   at OpenWrap.BootstrapRunner.Run(String[] args)

WRN: Assembly binding logging is turned OFF.
To enable assembly bind failure logging, set the registry value [HKLM\Software\Microsoft\Fusion

Note: There is some performance penalty associated with assembly bind failure logging.
To turn this feature off, remove the registry value [HKLM\Software\Microsoft\Fusion!EnableLog].

I am running .NET 4.0, should ow not be creating a bin-net40 folder?

Cheers

Paul Cowan

Cutting-Edge Solutions (Scotland)

http://thesoftwaresimpleton.blogspot.com/

Sebastien Lambla

Sep 12, 2011, 10:49:07 AM9/12/11
to openwra...@googlegroups.com
There is an issue with the preloader in old versions < 2.0 of the console, update your o.exe and it should start working.

As for .net 4.0, no the openwrap binaries are 3.5, we just run in whatever version of .net you currently run of/

Sep 12, 2011, 1:12:06 PM9/12/11
to openwra...@googlegroups.com
Hmm. Theres a patch I made last night but not sure if I pushed the changes.

This happens because 1.0 uses reflection and doesn't see too kindly seeing attributes with properties that are part of 2.0 that were not in 1.0. That's solved in the 2.0 codebase (aka we won't ever have *that* evolution problem again) but require 2.0 commands to be stuck away from where 1.0 can find them.

As it happens, taht's easy enough as commands in 1.0 are unqualified (always in /commands) but in 2.0 any directory containing assemblies can be qualified. You can see that change at https://github.com/openrasta/openwrap/commit/4a608a9f04463b60594f9532bf3f00e9466dd173 and I can only hope that you have in your system repository a package for openwrap 2.0 (or previous 1.1) with a /commands folder instead of a /commands-net35, or that you've not pulled the actual latest changes and are a bit behind that commit.

If you confirm there's neither problem, then something else is going on. rerun your command with -debug and let me know what exception gets triggered, that may help.

Let me know how you get on.

Sep 13, 2011, 7:08:18 AM9/13/11
to openwra...@googlegroups.com

No /commands shouldn’t be there in the 2.x versions.

Can you rerun the console with –debug, attach a debugger and give me the stack trace? There’s something strange going on there

Paul Cowan

Sep 13, 2011, 7:36:39 AM9/13/11
to openwra...@googlegroups.com
The error message is:

Could not load type 'OpenWrap.Commands.GenericMessage' from assembly 'OpenWrap, Version=2.0.0.14060, Culture=neutral, PublicKeyToken=null'.

The stack trace is:

at System.Reflection.Assembly._GetExportedTypes()
   at OpenWrap.PackageManagement.Exporters.CommandExportBuilder.TryGetExportedTypes(Assembly assembly) in c:\TeamCity\buildAgent\work\a39d76dc18c1cb6a\src\OpenWrap\PackageManagement\Exporters\CommandExportBuilder.cs:line 88

It is also worth noting that this is the output when I run any command at all in my project repo directory:

# OpenWrap Shell 2.0.0.3
# Copyright © naughtyProd Limited 2009-2011
# Using C:\projects\continuity2\wraps\_cache\openwrap-1.0.0.63365789\bin-net35\OpenWrap.dll (1.0.0.0)

Ideally, I should run the command "o update-wrap openwrap -project" but obviously I cannot because all comands are throwing the same error.

Cheers

Paul Cowan

Cutting-Edge Solutions (Scotland)

http://thesoftwaresimpleton.blogspot.com/

Sebastien Lambla

Sep 13, 2011, 7:51:57 AM9/13/11
to openwra...@googlegroups.com

So this is a 1.0 OpenWrap command export builder trying to load up something from OpenWrap 2.0, which means the OpenWrap.dll 2.0 is being loaded even though you have 1.0 in your project, hence the problem.

When you run with –debug, the shell tells you the location of the preloaded packages, I’d need that too.

As for updating your project, if all else fails, you can do o update-wrap openwrap –project –usesystem which will force the openwrap 2.0 dlls being loaded (provided they are installed in your system repository)

Paul Cowan

Sep 13, 2011, 8:41:44 AM9/13/11
to openwra...@googlegroups.com
I have added the -usesystem flag

>> When you run with –debug, the shell tells you the location of the preloaded packages, I’d need that too.

The exact output of the shell is:

 PS> o update-wrap openwrap -project -usesystem -debug
Detected package C:\projects\continuity2\wraps\_cache\openwrap-1.0.0.63365789
Detected package C:\projects\continuity2\wraps\_cache\SharpZipLib-0.85.5.452
Detected package C:\projects\continuity2\wraps\_cache\openfilesystem-1.0.0.61263243
Detected package C:\projects\continuity2\wraps\_cache\tdnet-framework-2.0.0.48555719
Pre-loaded assembly C:\projects\continuity2\wraps\_cache\openwrap-1.0.0.63365789\bin-net35\OpenRasta.Client.dll
Pre-loaded assembly C:\projects\continuity2\wraps\_cache\openwrap-1.0.0.63365789\bin-net35\OpenWrap.dll
Pre-loaded assembly C:\projects\continuity2\wraps\_cache\openwrap-1.0.0.63365789\bin-net35\OpenWrap.Testing.dll
Pre-loaded assembly C:\projects\continuity2\wraps\_cache\SharpZipLib-0.85.5.452\bin-net35\ICSharpCode.SharpZipLib.dll
Pre-loaded assembly C:\projects\continuity2\wraps\_cache\openfilesystem-1.0.0.61263243\bin-net35\Mono.Posix.dll
Pre-loaded assembly C:\projects\continuity2\wraps\_cache\openfilesystem-1.0.0.61263243\bin-net35\OpenFileSystem.dll
Pre-loaded assembly C:\projects\continuity2\wraps\_cache\tdnet-framework-2.0.0.48555719\bin-net35\TestDriven.Framework.d
ll
# OpenWrap Shell 2.0.0.3
# Copyright © naughtyProd Limited 2009-2011
# Using C:\projects\continuity2\wraps\_cache\openwrap-1.0.0.63365789\bin-net35\OpenWrap.dll (1.0.0.0)

Noun not found.
Press any key to continue...

So even with the -usesystem flag, it appears to be still running the old ow1 .dll.

I've set VS to break on all exceptions and it first of all throws
a BadImageFormatException "Could not load file or assembly 'C:\\projects\\continuity2\\wraps\\_cache\\Castle.Components.Validator-2.5.0\\bin-net35\\Castle.Components.Validator.resources.dll' or one of its dependencies. This assembly is built by a runtime newer than the currently loaded runtime and cannot be loaded."

  at System.Reflection.AssemblyName.nGetFileInformation(String s)
   at System.Reflection.AssemblyName.GetAssemblyName(String assemblyFile)
   at OpenWrap.PackageManagement.Exporters.AssemblyReferenceExportItem..ctor(IExportItem item) in c:\TeamCity\buildAgent\work\a39d76dc18c1cb6a\src\OpenWrap\PackageManagement\Exporters\AssemblyReferenceExportItem.cs:line 12

Before going on to throw the original exception I mentioned:

"Could not load type 'OpenWrap.Commands.GenericMessage' from assembly 'OpenWrap, Version=2.0.0.14060, Culture=neutral, PublicKeyToken=null'.":"OpenWrap.Commands.GenericMessage

  at System.Reflection.Assembly._GetExportedTypes()
   at OpenWrap.PackageManagement.Exporters.CommandExportBuilder.TryGetExportedTypes(Assembly assembly) in c:\TeamCity\buildAgent\work\a39d76dc18c1cb6a\src\OpenWrap\PackageManagement\Exporters\CommandExportBuilder.cs:line 88
Cheers

Paul Cowan

Cutting-Edge Solutions (Scotland)

http://thesoftwaresimpleton.blogspot.com/

Sebastien Lambla

Sep 13, 2011, 9:20:22 AM9/13/11
to openwra...@googlegroups.com

Hmm, this is all very very strange, there’s no trace of a 2.0 openwrap dll being loaded, god knows where it comes from.

Can you run the fusion log viewer to see where the 2.0 dll gets loaded from when you run the command?

Seb

Sebastien Lambla

Sep 13, 2011, 10:07:36 AM9/13/11
to openwra...@googlegroups.com

I’ve just uploaded a new version of the shell (2.0.0.10), can you try to update and see if it helps?

Paul Cowan

Sep 13, 2011, 10:32:34 AM9/13/11
to openwra...@googlegroups.com
Do you mean the exe can be downloaded from somewhere?

I've just done a pull on the git repo and it says that everything is up to date.

Cheers

Paul Cowan

Cutting-Edge Solutions (Scotland)

http://thesoftwaresimpleton.blogspot.com/

Sebastien Lambla

Sep 13, 2011, 10:34:50 AM9/13/11
to openwra...@googlegroups.com

Paul Cowan

Sep 13, 2011, 10:38:40 AM9/13/11
to openwra...@googlegroups.com
I get a 404 for the .exe and a 403 for the site http://wraps.openwrap.org/ :-)

Cheers

Paul Cowan

Cutting-Edge Solutions (Scotland)

http://thesoftwaresimpleton.blogspot.com/

Sebastien Lambla

Sep 13, 2011, 10:40:13 AM9/13/11
to openwra...@googlegroups.com

Paul Cowan

Sep 13, 2011, 11:00:04 AM9/13/11
to openwra...@googlegroups.com
The latest o.exe gives this output:

PS> o update-wrap openwrap -project -usesystem -debug
..........Downloading http://wraps.openwrap.org/SharpZipLib-0.86.0.wrap [...............]
.OpenWrap could not be started.
Could not find OpenWrap assemblies in either current project or system repository.
System.EntryPointNotFoundException: Could not find OpenWrap assemblies in either current project or system repository.
   at OpenWrap.BootstrapRunner.Run(String[] args)

Also when I look on fuslogvw.exe, only o.exe makes an appearance where previously all the ow .dlls and the packages in my project directory where getting loaded correctly.

Cheers

Paul Cowan

Cutting-Edge Solutions (Scotland)

http://thesoftwaresimpleton.blogspot.com/

Sebastien Lambla

Sep 13, 2011, 11:12:44 AM9/13/11
to openwra...@googlegroups.com

Ok just building a VM to check 1.0 compat, as there seems to be something quite wrong in all this. I’ll come back to you in a few minutes

Sebastien Lambla

Sep 13, 2011, 1:34:13 PM9/13/11
to openwra...@googlegroups.com

Ok I have a repro, working on it

Paul Cowan

Sep 13, 2011, 1:37:08 PM9/13/11
to openwra...@googlegroups.com
Thanks for looking into this.

Cheers

Paul Cowan

Cutting-Edge Solutions (Scotland)

http://thesoftwaresimpleton.blogspot.com/

Sebastien Lambla

Sep 13, 2011, 2:23:38 PM9/13/11
to openwra...@googlegroups.com

Mmmmmk, so there’s a bug in 1.0.0 that makes the 1.0 code load the 2.0 code because it doesn’t select the correct packages. Argh.

I’m gonna release a 1.0.1 package that’ll fix that and another issue in the 1.0 branch, that does mean you need to update to 1.0.1 before you update to 2.0 or everything will break.

Compat is hard work :)

Sebastien Lambla

Sep 13, 2011, 7:35:14 PM9/13/11
to openwra...@googlegroups.com

So I thought I’d give some details about the investigation I did on that problem, as it has a couple of implications.

The reason everything goes tits up is rather simple. The preloader component in OpenWrap preloads any dependencies that OpenWrap needs to be able to start doing things with packages. That’s mostly SharpZipLib, mono.cecil and OpenFileSystem, and currently the preloader doesn’t really respect version ranges and takes whatever latest version it can find to preload.

Note that the preloader is used all over the place, it’s a shared component between the shell, the VS COM add-in, the MSBuild task and the now mostly defunct UI shell.

There’s a first problem there that’s been ongoing, which is that if, say, mono.cecil gets updated to an incompatible version, be it that the descriptor mentions it or not, we’ll happily attempt loading whatever latest is installed in the same repository as where openwrap is. That problem will be fixed at some point in the future, but not now (https://github.com/openrasta/openwrap-bootstrap/issues/15 ).

Once those assemblies are all pre-loaded, OpenWrap hooks up to the assembly resolver to give its choice as to what assemblies will be dynamically loaded. This is where it gets hairy.

As part of that process, OpenWrap now uses the full resolving algorithm to match what packages are compatible with the current project’s descriptor. In the case here, the project you had was declaring “any version of OpenWrap”, which meant once you’ve installed 2.0 in the system repository that 2.0 was compatible and as such got loaded (even though 1.0 was already loaded). To simplify, both get loaded, 1.0 in the LoadFrom context, 2.0 in the Load context, making 1.0 unable to load 2.0.

As you can see from https://github.com/openrasta/openwrap/issues/130 the problem is not new, and part of the 2.0 codebase was to prepare being able to execute commands in an isolated space if they come from a different repository than the currently running OpenWrap. As 1.0 cannot execute commands targeting 2.0 we’re all good from a versioning compat problem, and this will be sorted shortly.

I started writing a long explanation but the details are of little interest to anyone but me. Here’s a summary of the situation when you run a command from a project that has OpenWrap:

Project OpenWrap version

System OpenWrap version

Command source

Result

1.0

1.0

Project

OK

1.0

1.0

System

OK

1.0

2.0

Project

Fail

1.0

2.0

System

Fail

2.0

1.0

Project

OK

2.0

1.0

System

?

There’s a whole other problem due to the versioning unification done in the system repository globally which is another issue altogether, and also has a bug entry I just added (https://github.com/openrasta/openwrap/issues/241) which would enable each package being added to have its own set of dependent pacakges, as if each was an independent project.

Once all this is resolved, which will definitely be a 2.0 thing, we need to decide what command gets run, but I’ll do a separate email.

In the meantime, I’ve published the 1.0.1 OpenWrap package. You should update your project / system to 1.0.1 first before attempting to install 2.0, for which I’ve also pushed an extra package (on the beta site).

Let me know how you get on tomorrow.

Seb

Paul Cowan

Sep 14, 2011, 12:59:28 AM9/14/11
to openwra...@googlegroups.com
Thanks for the explanation.

So in order to update to 1.0.1, I need to do the following:

  1. cd into my openwrap git repo
  2. git fetch
  3. git checkout 1.0.1
  4. o build-wrap
  5. o update-wrap openwrap -sys
  6. cd into my project directory
  7. o update-wrap openwap -project -usesystem

Should I revert my shell to a different version?  If I run against 2.0.0.3, I make it to step 4 but the o build-wrap command fails with the following output:

PS> o build-wrap
# OpenWrap Shell 2.0.0.3
# Copyright © naughtyProd Limited 2009-2011
# Using C:\projects\openwrap\wraps\_cache\openwrap-1.0.1.81349963\bin-net35\OpenWrap.dll (1.0.0.0)

Using MSBuild from path 'C:\Windows\Microsoft.NET\Framework\v4.0.30319\msbuild.exe'.
Microsoft (R) Build Engine Version 4.0.30319.1
[Microsoft .NET Framework, Version 4.0.30319.237]
Copyright (C) Microsoft Corporation 2007. All rights reserved.

Build started 14/09/2011 05:55:59.
Project "C:\projects\openwrap\src\OpenWrap\OpenWrap.csproj" on node 1 (Clean target(s)).
C:\projects\openwrap\wraps\openwrap\build\OpenWrap.CSharp.targets(46,5): error MSB4018: The "Initia
iled unexpectedly. [C:\projects\openwrap\src\OpenWrap\OpenWrap.csproj]
C:\projects\openwrap\wraps\openwrap\build\OpenWrap.CSharp.targets(46,5): error MSB4018: System.Refl
onException: Exception has been thrown by the target of an invocation. ---> System.IO.FileNotFoundE
oad file or assembly 'Mono.Cecil, Version=0.9.4.0, Culture=neutral, PublicKeyToken=0738eb9f132ed756
dencies. The system cannot find the file specified. [C:\projects\openwrap\src\OpenWrap\OpenWrap.csp
C:\projects\openwrap\wraps\openwrap\build\OpenWrap.CSharp.targets(46,5): error MSB4018:    at OpenW
egistry..ctor() [C:\projects\openwrap\src\OpenWrap\OpenWrap.csproj]
C:\projects\openwrap\wraps\openwrap\build\OpenWrap.CSharp.targets(46,5): error MSB4018:    at OpenW
lizer.Initialize(String projectFile, String currentDirectory) in c:\src\openwrap\src\OpenWrap\Build
line 17 [C:\projects\openwrap\src\OpenWrap\OpenWrap.csproj]
C:\projects\openwrap\wraps\openwrap\build\OpenWrap.CSharp.targets(46,5): error MSB4018:    --- End
ack trace --- [C:\projects\openwrap\src\OpenWrap\OpenWrap.csproj]
C:\projects\openwrap\wraps\openwrap\build\OpenWrap.CSharp.targets(46,5): error MSB4018:    at Syste
._InvokeMethodFast(IRuntimeMethodInfo method, Object target, Object[] arguments, SignatureStruct& s
methodAttributes, RuntimeType typeOwner) [C:\projects\openwrap\src\OpenWrap\OpenWrap.csproj]
C:\projects\openwrap\wraps\openwrap\build\OpenWrap.CSharp.targets(46,5): error MSB4018:    at Syste
.InvokeMethodFast(IRuntimeMethodInfo method, Object target, Object[] arguments, Signature sig, Meth
tributes, RuntimeType typeOwner) [C:\projects\openwrap\src\OpenWrap\OpenWrap.csproj]
C:\projects\openwrap\wraps\openwrap\build\OpenWrap.CSharp.targets(46,5): error MSB4018:    at Syste
ethodInfo.Invoke(Object obj, BindingFlags invokeAttr, Binder binder, Object[] parameters, CultureIn
kipVisibilityChecks) [C:\projects\openwrap\src\OpenWrap\OpenWrap.csproj]
C:\projects\openwrap\wraps\openwrap\build\OpenWrap.CSharp.targets(46,5): error MSB4018:    at Syste
ethodInfo.Invoke(Object obj, BindingFlags invokeAttr, Binder binder, Object[] parameters, CultureIn
cts\openwrap\src\OpenWrap\OpenWrap.csproj]
C:\projects\openwrap\wraps\openwrap\build\OpenWrap.CSharp.targets(46,5): error MSB4018:    at Syste
se.Invoke(Object obj, Object[] parameters) [C:\projects\openwrap\src\OpenWrap\OpenWrap.csproj]
C:\projects\openwrap\wraps\openwrap\build\OpenWrap.CSharp.targets(46,5): error MSB4018:    at OpenW
penWrap.Execute() in c:\src\openwrap\src\OpenWrap.Build.Bootstrap\InitializeOpenWrap.cs:line 30 [C:
c\OpenWrap\OpenWrap.csproj]
C:\projects\openwrap\wraps\openwrap\build\OpenWrap.CSharp.targets(46,5): error MSB4018:    at Micro
skExecutionHost.Microsoft.Build.BackEnd.ITaskExecutionHost.Execute() [C:\projects\openwrap\src\Open

C:\projects\openwrap\wraps\openwrap\build\OpenWrap.CSharp.targets(46,5): error MSB4018:    at Micro
skBuilder.ExecuteInstantiatedTask(ITaskExecutionHost taskExecutionHost, TaskLoggingContext taskLogg
taskHost, ItemBucket bucket, TaskExecutionMode howToExecuteTask, Boolean& taskResult) [C:\projects\
\OpenWrap.csproj]
Done Building Project "C:\projects\openwrap\src\OpenWrap\OpenWrap.csproj" (Clean target(s)) -- FAIL

Cheers

Paul Cowan

Cutting-Edge Solutions (Scotland)

http://thesoftwaresimpleton.blogspot.com/

Sebastien Lambla

Sep 14, 2011, 7:18:32 AM9/14/11
to openwra...@googlegroups.com

Nah the shell is independent and works across all versions :)

Do remember that 1.0 didn’t check for the existence of a .wrap file before reading the directory in /wraps/_cache, so if you remove 2.0 you *need* to remove the folders in /_cache, both in the system and the project repository.

Paul Cowan

Sep 14, 2011, 7:39:47 AM9/14/11
to openwra...@googlegroups.com
I get the same error that I outline above from the command o build-wrap command in the 1.0.1 branch of openwrap with the 2.0.0.3.

I get a stackoverflow exception if I remove the folders under _cache in the system directory.

Cheers

Paul Cowan

Cutting-Edge Solutions (Scotland)

http://thesoftwaresimpleton.blogspot.com/

Paul Cowan

Sep 14, 2011, 9:11:05 AM9/14/11
to openwra...@googlegroups.com
If I open the solution in the 1.0.1 branch openwrap.sln, all the project references are broke:

ow.gif

Cheers

Paul Cowan

Cutting-Edge Solutions (Scotland)

http://thesoftwaresimpleton.blogspot.com/

ow.gif

Paul Cowan

Sep 14, 2011, 9:11:25 AM9/14/11
to openwra...@googlegroups.com

Cheers

Paul Cowan

Cutting-Edge Solutions (Scotland)

http://thesoftwaresimpleton.blogspot.com/

ow.gif

Sebastien Lambla

Sep 14, 2011, 12:01:46 PM9/14/11
to openwra...@googlegroups.com

Now the StackOverflowException that’s an issue. Can you update to http://github.com/OpenWrap/openwrap.github.com/raw/master/o.exe and see if that happens again?

Removing stuff in _cache should never ever cause any issues, as it’s all uncompressed before any loading gets attempted.

I’ve built 1.0.1 with the 2.0.0.8 shell so if there’s another issue, can you make sure it isn’t because of one of those reasons: any 2.0 wrap files left in the system repository, either /wraps or /wraps/_cache, your project descriptor doesn’t specify an =1.0 in the descriptor for the openwrap dependency, or the 1.0.1 branch is actually committed with the 1.0.1 openwrap package?

Paul Cowan

Sep 15, 2011, 4:12:29 AM9/15/11
to openwra...@googlegroups.com
Hi,

I have had progress of sorts, I was able to update the system openwrap to 1.0.1 but when I cd into the project directory and issue the command:

o update-wrap openwrap -project -usesystem

I get the following output

PS> o update-wrap openwrap -project -usesystem
# OpenWrap Shell 2.0.0.10
# Copyright © naughtyProd Limited 2009-2011
# Using C:\Users\paul.cowan\AppData\Local\openwrap\wraps\_cache\openwrap-1.0.1.81555762\bin-net35\OpenWrap.dll (1.0.0.0)

Project repository: openwrap updated [1.0.0.63365789 -> 1.0.1.81555762].
Project repository: SharpZipLib updated [0.85.5.452 -> 0.86.0].
Project repository: openfilesystem up-to-date.
Project repository: tdnet-framework up-to-date.
Project repository: Package openwrap-1.0.1.81555762 could not be anchored.

What does anchoring mean in this context and is it just a warning or a sign of a problem?

Cheers

Paul Cowan

Cutting-Edge Solutions (Scotland)

http://thesoftwaresimpleton.blogspot.com/

Sebastien Lambla

Sep 15, 2011, 7:18:01 AM9/15/11
to openwra...@googlegroups.com

Well that one is much better. That means you’ve left VS or other tools opened and they kept a lock on your file, preventing openwrap from moving stuff around.

Paul Cowan

Sep 15, 2011, 9:16:54 AM9/15/11
to openwra...@googlegroups.com
Hi,

So I have updated OW to 1.0.1 now and commands like o list-wrap work.

Can I just check my next steps before executing them:
  1. cd into the openwrap git repo.
  2. git checkout master
  1. o build-wrap
  2. o update-wrap openwrap -sys
  1. cd into project directory
  1. o update-wrap openwrap -project -usesystem
    I should be building openwrap against the master is really what I am asking

    Cheers

    Paul Cowan

    Cutting-Edge Solutions (Scotland)

    http://thesoftwaresimpleton.blogspot.com/

    Sebastien Lambla

    Sep 15, 2011, 9:37:32 AM9/15/11
    to openwra...@googlegroups.com

    Yes, master is 2.0.

    If you’re within a 2.0 enabled project you can build from another location, o build-wrap –from c:\src\openwrap –quiet –incremental; o update-wrap openwrap –proj

    The –incremental prevents a clean from being called on the build so it makes the build much quicker, -quiet removes the output, which makes the build substantially quicker.

    So I have updated OW to 1.0.1 now and commands like o list-wrap work.

    Can I just check my next steps before executing them:

    1.      cd into the openwrap git repo.

    2.      git checkout master

    3.      o build-wrap

    4.      o update-wrap openwrap -sys

    5.      cd into project directory

    6.      o update-wrap openwrap -project -usesystem