O update-wrap does not work after last OW2 update

Konstantin

Nov 1, 2011, 12:10:37 PM11/1/11
to openwra...@googlegroups.com
I have remote  repository (shared folders on remote server e.g. \\myserver\repo1 )
when  I call "o update-wrap "
it reports that nothing is updated and creats folder with name myserver and subfolder repo1 in it with empty  index.wraplist in it

"o list-wrap -remote" also works strange
it gives local with my project repo wrap list

and message
No packages in the following repositories: index.wraplist, index.wraplist

Scott Littlewood

Nov 1, 2011, 12:30:53 PM11/1/11
to openwra...@googlegroups.com
What version of openwrap are you using?

A debug log from the console would help no doubt.

Konstantin

Nov 1, 2011, 2:55:19 PM11/1/11
to openwra...@googlegroups.com

I believe the problem is due to Russian locale also I'm pretty sure it was introduced in v2.0.1.86967021

Please find attached output of the following script

dir
o init-wrap -debug
dir
o update-wrap -debug
dir
o list-wrap -remote  -query openwrap -debug

here is content of remotes file in OW dir

[remoterepository openwrap]
fetch: token=[indexed]http://wraps.openwrap.org
priority: 0
publish: token=[indexed]http://wraps.openwrap.org
[remoterepository ib]
fetch: token=[indexed-folder]\\msa-ibdev3\OwRepo\ib\index.wraplist
priority: 2
publish: token=[indexed-folder]\\msa-ibdev3\OwRepo\ib\index.wraplist
[remoterepository beta]
fetch: token=[indexed-http]http://wraps.openwrap.org/beta/index.wraplist
priority: 3
publish: token=[indexed-http]http://wraps.openwrap.org/beta/index.wraplist
[remoterepository thirdparty]
fetch: token=[indexed-folder]\\msa-ibdev3\OwRepo\ThirdParty\index.wraplist
priority: 4
publish: token=[indexed-folder]\\msa-ibdev3\OwRepo\ThirdParty\index.wraplist

Let me know if you need anything else

ow.log

Sebastien Lambla

Nov 1, 2011, 5:28:52 PM11/1/11
to openwra...@googlegroups.com
 Yes, the format for remotes in 2.0.1 was changed to fix some upcoming x-platform issues we'd have had.

For now you can just remove and readd your remotes. I'll make sure the code can update old formats (there's some code in there to do that, but it's apparently not working...)

Nov 2, 2011, 6:24:43 AM11/2/11
to openwra...@googlegroups.com
The commoand  add-remote remoteName file://server/path. does not work anymore OW looks for repo in local subfolder  server/path instead of going to server.

I've mapped file share as net drive and reregistered repos with path to it as workaround.
I believe the issue is in remotes file format parsing

Sebastien Lambla

Nov 2, 2011, 7:16:36 AM11/2/11
to openwra...@googlegroups.com
 Ah that's no good. Let me have a look now.

Sent: 02 November 2011 09:11

To: openwra...@googlegroups.com

Sebastien Lambla

Nov 2, 2011, 7:52:30 AM11/2/11
to openwra...@googlegroups.com
I've diagnosed the problem and it's a recurring issue with the way OFS handles UNC paths (aka not at all, which is really stupid).

Will fix the bug and update the descriptors to the latest version, something that has been delayed way too long :(

Sent: 02 November 2011 10:24

To: openwra...@googlegroups.com

Sebastien Lambla

Nov 3, 2011, 3:59:39 AM11/3/11
to openwra...@googlegroups.com
 So openfilesystem 1.0.1 has been published on the main feed and fixes the UNC path issues, and openwrap 2.0.2 has been pushed on the beta feed that ought to fix the rest of the remotes support.

It's not the official 2.0.2 yet (need to finish the assemblyinfo generation and build-wrap refactoring first) but at least that should fix any issues you guys had. it even supports all the previous token formats.

Take it for a test ride and let me know how you get on.

Now on to 1.0.3...

Nov 3, 2011, 9:26:21 AM11/3/11
to openwra...@googlegroups.com
 fixed

Sent: 03 November 2011 12:41

To: openwra...@googlegroups.com

Konstantin

Nov 3, 2011, 9:44:23 AM11/3/11
to openwra...@googlegroups.com
OW updated to 2.0.2 but now it  failes to add http repo from command

C:\>o update-wrap openwrap -system -shellpanic
PANIC: deleted C:\Users\knosov\AppData\Local\openwrap\wraps\openwrap-1.0.2.86964
541.wrap
PANIC: deleted C:\Users\knosov\AppData\Local\openwrap\wraps\openwrap-2.0.1.86967
021.wrap
Using proxy at http://192.168.14.4:8080/ using default credentials.
Downloading http://wraps.openwrap.org/index.wraplist [...................]
Using proxy at http://192.168.14.4:8080/ using default credentials.
Downloading http://wraps.openwrap.org/openfilesystem-1.0.1.87877626.wrap [......
.........]
Using proxy at http://192.168.14.4:8080/ using default credentials.
Downloading http://wraps.openwrap.org/openwrap-1.0.2.86964541.wrap [............
......]
Using proxy at http://192.168.14.4:8080/ using default credentials.
Downloading http://wraps.openwrap.org/tdnet-framework-2.0.0.48555719.wrap [.....
...............]
Using proxy at http://192.168.14.4:8080/ using default credentials.
Downloading http://wraps.openwrap.org/SharpZipLib-0.86.0.wrap [.................
.]
# OpenWrap Shell 2.0.0.10
# Copyright c naughtyProd Limited 2009-2011
# Using C:\Users\knosov\AppData\Local\openwrap\wraps\_cache\openwrap-1.0.2.86964
541\bin-net35\OpenWrap.dll (1.0.0.0)
Searching for updated packages...
System repository: openwrap updated [1.0.2.86964541 -> 2.0.2.87978029].
System repository: SharpZipLib up-to-date.
System repository: tdnet-framework up-to-date.
System repository: Mono.Cecil up-to-date.
System repository: openfilesystem up-to-date.

C:\>o add-remote beta http://wraps.openwrap.org/beta/
# OpenWrap Shell 2.0.0.10
# Copyright c naughtyProd Limited 2009-2011
# Using C:\Users\knosov\AppData\Local\openwrap\wraps\_cache\openwrap-2.0.2.87978029\bin-net35\OpenWrap.dll (2.0.0.1)
The address 'http://wraps.openwrap.org/beta/' was not recognized as a known repository type.

Konstantin

Nov 3, 2011, 9:49:38 AM11/3/11
to openwra...@googlegroups.com
Please take a look at the issue where list-wrap outputs 'index.wraplist' instead of repository name - it is not that critical but very annoying

C:\>o list-wrap -remote

# OpenWrap Shell 2.0.0.10
# Copyright c naughtyProd Limited 2009-2011
# Using C:\Users\knosov\AppData\Local\openwrap\wraps\_cache\openwrap-2.0.2.87978029\bin-net35\OpenWrap.dll (2.0.0.1)
index.wraplist
└─Castle.Core (3.0.0)
└─Castle.WcfIntegrationFacility (3.0.0)
└─Castle.Windsor (3.0.0)
└─Inceptum.Configuration (1.0.0)
└─Mono.Cecil (0.9.4)
└─newtonsoft-json (4.0.2)

Sebastien Lambla

Nov 3, 2011, 9:52:50 AM11/3/11
to openwra...@googlegroups.com
 C:\tmp> o rem add beta http://wraps.openwrap.org/beta/
# OpenWrap Shell 2.0.0.10
# Copyright © naughtyProd Limited 2009-2011
# Using C:\Users\sebastien.lambla\AppData\Local\openwrap\wraps\_cache\openwrap-2.0.2.87978029\bin-net35\OpenWrap.dll (2.0.0.1)

Remote repository 'beta' added.
C:\tmp> o rem ls -d
# OpenWrap Shell 2.0.0.10
# Copyright © naughtyProd Limited 2009-2011
# Using C:\Users\sebastien.lambla\AppData\Local\openwrap\wraps\_cache\openwrap-2.0.2.87978029\bin-net35\OpenWrap.dll (2.0.0.1)

  1 beta       [fetch]
               name : local
               type : indexed-http
Nov 3, 2011, 9:59:15 AM11/3/11
to openwra...@googlegroups.com
 It will get looked at soon, I'm aware of the problem. It's not high priority (aka probably not this week)

Sent: 03 November 2011 13:49

To: openwra...@googlegroups.com

Konstantin

Nov 3, 2011, 10:27:21 AM11/3/11
to openwra...@googlegroups.com
yes it is proxy, on box without proxy it works fine

I'm behind ISA and used to add the following to o.exe.config
<defaultProxy useDefaultCredentials="true">
<proxy autoDetect="True" bypassonlocal="True"/>
</defaultProxy>

But it does not help anymore...

Sebastien Lambla

Nov 3, 2011, 11:18:01 AM11/3/11
to openwra...@googlegroups.com
 proxy code hasn't changed at all since I added config proxy support recently, so it's strange.

Proxy should be detected the same as it has been for a while.

If detection doesn't work, you can set your proxy using o set-config proxy http://username:password@host or try using -proxyhref -proxyusername and -proxypassword on your command, no reason why it'd manage to get the non-beta but not the beta one though.

Can you run your request with fiddler and see what actually happens on the wire?

Sent: 03 November 2011 14:27

To: openwra...@googlegroups.com

Konstantin

Nov 3, 2011, 12:44:26 PM11/3/11
to openwra...@googlegroups.com
fiddler showed that it was ISA issue:
Error Code: 407 Proxy Authentication Required. The ISA Server requires authorization to fulfill the request. Access to the Web Proxy filter is denied

Ether admins are playing with proxy or the box reboot helped but now it works and was not OW fault

As for reason why it'd manage to get the non-beta but not the beta one  , I believe non-beta is preconfigured it does not actually adds this thus does not tryies to access (I've removed previous OW installation before installing 2.0.2 )

Anyway thanks for your help

Konstantin

Nov 3, 2011, 12:50:40 PM11/3/11
to openwra...@googlegroups.com
it works with fiddler started and does not when without fiddler
 evil voodoo magic!!!

Sebastien Lambla

Nov 3, 2011, 2:01:40 PM11/3/11
to <openwrap-devel@googlegroups.com>, openwra...@googlegroups.com