Generated properties in wrapdesc?

Chris Eldredge

Nov 4, 2011, 11:15:21 AM11/4/11
to OpenWrap Development Mailing List
Is there a way to include custom headers in the wrapdesc that are
generated at build time?

For instance, if we want to include the revision hash that the wrap is
being built from, e.g. hg-rev-hash: 9b129f248a89.

We want our build script that calls "o build-wrap" to specify the
value at build time.

So is there a way to do this without modifying or generating
the .wrapdesc file before calling o.exe?

# OpenWrap Shell 2.0.0.10
# Using C:\projects\MyThing\wraps\_cache\openwrap-1.0.1.81349963\bin-
net35\OpenWrap.dll (1.0.0.0)

Sebastien Lambla

Nov 4, 2011, 11:27:21 AM11/4/11
to openwra...@googlegroups.com
hmm, no there isn't but that's certainly something we can do.

would an attribute with key="value" be enough on the command line when issuing the build command?

Any suggestion on the naming for that input?
Yes, that would do the trick. Ideally we could specify the version
this way too. We want the revision (4th number) to be generated by
continuous integration instead of using wildcard/timestamp.

Created issue 274 https://github.com/openrasta/openwrap/issues/274

Thank you for the prompt reply.

On Nov 4, 11:27 am, Sebastien Lambla <s...@serialseb.com> wrote:
> hmm, no there isn't but that's certainly something we can do.
>
> would an attribute with key="value" be enough on the command line when issuing the build command?
>
> Any suggestion on the naming for that input?
> From: openwra...@googlegroups.com [openwra...@googlegroups.com] on behalf of Chris Eldredge [chris.eldre...@gmail.com]

Sebastien Lambla

Nov 7, 2011, 10:46:41 AM11/7/11
to openwra...@googlegroups.com
You can already do that by overwriting the version file before launching your build, it's by far the simplest way to do that.

Alternatively there's a -version that exists on the biuld-wrap version, added it as some people had some sort of inexplicable aversion to editing the version file, and adding that was quicker than arguing about its merits :)

Seb