Last 2 days for OpenWorm Kickstarter

Stephen Larson

May 16, 2014, 8:16:59 AM5/16/14
to openworm-discuss, open...@googlegroups.com
Dear OpenWorm community,

   We are into the home stretch for our Kickstarter campaign.  By the beginning of next week it will be over.  We've had an astonishing response from ~540 backers around the world pledging $65k for a variety of rewards, including ~200 who specifically want to use WormSim and ~50 who want to adopt a neuron and check out the OpenWorm Academy.  In addition to a ton of people from the general public, we've had top neuroscientists from the Allen Institute, the Human Brain Project, and Brain corporation all contribute, as well as many c. elegans scientists.

    If you haven't had the chance to take a look at the campaign and back us, now is your last chance.

    Additionally, if you know of any organization that would be willing to sponsor OpenWorm as a whole, we have opened up some higher level reward tiers to enable this.  Even if you don't, your help in forwarding this email on to any others who might be interested to back us is greatly appreciated.

    It has been an incredible journey to make this campaign possible and I am humbled and grateful for all your efforts.

Best,
  Stephen

Project coordinator