New volunterr

已查看 71 次
跳至第一个未读帖子

Abdul Kader Kheirallah

未读,
2016年4月9日 13:18:042016/4/9
收件人 OpenWorm-discuss

Hello Team OpenWorm,

My name is Abdul and I’m about to finish a PhD in Functional Genomics and start a post-doc at University of Cambridge.

Recently I got excited about connectocomics and in particular the idea of whole brain activity emulation and the possibility of self-awareness/consciousness in the computer. I now we are still long way to get there but as a proof of concept, I thought, would be simulating the activity of connectome of C elegans (which is what you largely do) and treating it in silico in order to see if the response obtained is same/similar to what would happen in a wet biological experiment. If that’s the case it suggests that whole human brain emulation may yield a self-conscious entity.

Therefore I would love to be involved in your project to answer this question (I mean in silico vs in vitro worm response). I have middle-level experience in Python and R coding but I’m willing other language if necessary for your project. I also have some scientific background. Please let me know how I could contribute. If you don’t have people at University of Cambridge (England) I can try to reach out and organize a local community.

Best regards

Abdul

Abdul Kader Kheirallah BSc (Hons)

PhD Student

School of Medicine

Division of Respiratory Medicine

University of Nottingham

D Floor, South Block, Queens Medical Centre

Nottingham, NG7 2UH

t:   +44 (0) 115 82 31068

e:  msx...@nottingham.ac.uk

w: abdulkader.co

The first Massive Online Public Engagment to study genetics of voice is live. Check it out here:

https://voice.nottingham.ac.uk/

Follow us

Twitter: twitter.com/VoiceNottingham

Facebook: facebook.com/Voice.Nottingham