Neuron directory simulation

cristianp...@gmail.com

Apr 29, 2016, 9:56:55 AM4/29/16
to OpenWorm-discuss
Hi all!

I installed neuroConstruct 1.6.0 and Neuron 7.4 on my Windows XP pc; Neuron is in C:\nrn74. After some problems with rendering (I solved by installing java 3D 1.5), now I have another problem: when I try ti create hoc simulation, it appears an error window and this says that the Neuron home dir isn't correct. So, I go to Settings > General Properties and set Neuron home dir with "C:\nrn74" but the error is the same; it's the same if I set "C:\nrn74\bin" too.

Anyone has any suggestions?

Thanks guys!

Padraig Gleeson

May 5, 2016, 6:33:25 AM5/5/16
to openworm...@googlegroups.com
Hi Cristian,

There have been some changes in the paths to executables used in the
Neuron Windows version in 7.4. I'd recommend updating to the latest
version of neuroConstruct from the GitHub repository and using Neuron 7.3.

Regards,
Padraig

Padraig Gleeson
Room 321, Anatomy Building
Department of Neuroscience, Physiology& Pharmacology
University College London
Gower Street
London WC1E 6BT
United Kingdom