Geppetto 0.2.8 released

Matteo Cantarelli

Feb 19, 2016, 9:50:56 AM2/19/16
to openworm-discuss
Hi All,

I am happy to announce that Geppetto 0.2.8 alpha release is now available here:

https://live.geppetto.org

For this new version of Geppetto we have done our best to go above and beyond expectations with loads of improvements on stability, performance and usability.

We have rewritten entirely the Geppetto model abstraction using the Eclipse Modelling Framework and we have introduced concepts for types, instances and arrays enabling us to represent the complexity of biological data and models in its entirety.

We have introduced Lightspeed search, available pressing Ctrl+Space, as a way to browse and interact with anything which is inside a project, enabling context based actions that don’t require any console interactions.

We’ll be releasing some video tutorials and improvements to the documentation to go through some of the details, in the meanwhile check the full release notes on our GitHub release page!

Inline image 1
Inline image 2
Also we recently started a Geppetto blog on Tumblr, if you want to follow it you can find it here!
As a reminder the next Geppetto meeting will be on Tuesday the 1st of March at 4pm GMT for anyone who'd like to join to either contribute to the project or simply know more about it.

A presto,
Matteo

--
Matteo Cantarelli