How do I load myproperties file with "ant run-server"?

wezzax

Aug 6, 2010, 2:23:56 AM8/6/10
to Open Wonderland Forum
as topic.

wezzax

Aug 6, 2010, 2:26:55 AM8/6/10
to Open Wonderland Forum
[java] 06/08/2010 2:22:18 PM
org.apache.catalina.core.StandardWrapperValve log
[java] WARNING: StandardWrapperValve[webdav]: PWC1406:
Servlet.service() for servlet webdav threw exception
[java] java.lang.OutOfMemoryError: Java heap space
[java] at java.nio.HeapByteBuffer.<init>(HeapByteBuffer.java:39)
[java] at java.nio.ByteBuffer.allocate(ByteBuffer.java:312)
[java] at
com.sun.grizzly.util.ByteBufferFactory.allocateView(ByteBufferFactory.java:
105)
[java] at
com.sun.grizzly.http.SocketChannelOutputBuffer.createByteBuffer(SocketChannelOutputBuffer.java:
585)
[java] at com.sun.grizzly.http.SocketChannelOutputBuffer.access
$100(SocketChannelOutputBuffer.java:73)
[java] at com.sun.grizzly.http.SocketChannelOutputBuffer
$ByteBufferClonerImpl.clone(SocketChannelOutputBuffer.java:535)
[java] at
com.sun.grizzly.async.AbstractAsyncQueueWriter.write(AbstractAsyncQueueWriter.java:
198)
[java] at
com.sun.grizzly.async.TCPAsyncQueueWriter.write(TCPAsyncQueueWriter.java:
77)
[java] at
com.sun.grizzly.async.AbstractAsyncQueueWriter.write(AbstractAsyncQueueWriter.java:
110)
[java] at
com.sun.grizzly.http.SocketChannelOutputBuffer.flushChannel(SocketChannelOutputBuffer.java:
324)
[java] at
com.sun.grizzly.http.SocketChannelOutputBuffer.flushBuffer(SocketChannelOutputBuffer.java:
392)
[java] at
com.sun.grizzly.http.SocketChannelOutputBuffer.realWriteBytes(SocketChannelOutputBuffer.java:
279)
[java] at com.sun.grizzly.tcp.http11.InternalOutputBuffer
$OutputStreamOutputBuffer.doWrite(InternalOutputBuffer.java:884)
[java] at
com.sun.grizzly.tcp.http11.filters.IdentityOutputFilter.doWrite(IdentityOutputFilter.java:
155)
[java] at
com.sun.grizzly.tcp.http11.InternalOutputBuffer.doWrite(InternalOutputBuffer.java:
640)
[java] at com.sun.grizzly.tcp.Response.doWrite(Response.java:676)
[java] at
org.apache.catalina.connector.OutputBuffer.realWriteBytes(OutputBuffer.java:
420)
[java] at
com.sun.grizzly.util.buf.ByteChunk.flushBuffer(ByteChunk.java:433)
[java] at com.sun.grizzly.util.buf.ByteChunk.append(ByteChunk.java:
355)
[java] at
org.apache.catalina.connector.OutputBuffer.writeBytes(OutputBuffer.java:
450)
[java] at
org.apache.catalina.connector.OutputBuffer.write(OutputBuffer.java:
437)
[java] at
org.apache.catalina.connector.CoyoteOutputStream.write(CoyoteOutputStream.java:
161)
[java] at
org.apache.catalina.servlets.DefaultServlet.copyRange(DefaultServlet.java:
2138)
[java] at
org.apache.catalina.servlets.DefaultServlet.copy(DefaultServlet.java:
1882)
[java] at
org.apache.catalina.servlets.DefaultServlet.serveResource(DefaultServlet.java:
925)
[java] at
org.apache.catalina.servlets.DefaultServlet.doGet(DefaultServlet.java:
404)
[java] at javax.servlet.http.HttpServlet.service(HttpServlet.java:
734)
[java] at
org.apache.catalina.servlets.WebdavServlet.service(WebdavServlet.java:
370)
[java] at
org.jdesktop.wonderland.modules.webdav.web.content.WonderlandWebdavServlet.service(WonderlandWebdavServlet.java:
96)
[java] at javax.servlet.http.HttpServlet.service(HttpServlet.java:
847)
[java] at
org.apache.catalina.core.StandardWrapper.service(StandardWrapper.java:
1523)
[java] at
org.apache.catalina.core.StandardWrapperValve.invoke(StandardWrapperValve.java:
279)

On Aug 6, 2:23 pm, wezzax <wez...@gmail.com> wrote:
> as topic.

wezzax

Aug 6, 2010, 4:03:37 AM8/6/10
to Open Wonderland Forum
I tried the ANT_OPTS="-XX:MaxPermSize=900m -Xmx900m"

and I got:

On Aug 6, 2:26 pm, wezzax <wez...@gmail.com> wrote:
> [...]
> 404)
> [java]     at javax.servlet.http.HttpServlet.service(HttpServlet.java:
> 734)
> [java]     at
> org.apache.catalina.servlets.WebdavServlet.service(WebdavServlet.java:
> 370)
> [java]     at
> org.jdesktop.wonderland.modules.webdav.web.content.WonderlandWebdavServlet.­service(WonderlandWebdavServlet.java:
> 96)
> [java]     at javax.servlet.http.HttpServlet.service(HttpServlet.java:
> 847)
> [java]     at
> org.apache.catalina.core.StandardWrapper.service(StandardWrapper.java:
> 1523)
> [java]     at
> org.apache.catalina.core.StandardWrapperValve.invoke(StandardWrapperValve.j­ava:

wezzax

Aug 6, 2010, 4:33:45 AM8/6/10
to Open Wonderland Forum
ANT_OPTS="-XX:MaxPermSize=1024m -Xmx512m" will produce no erros on
servers initialization!
(however, anything over 512m for -xmx will not be able to initialize
the JVM)

But when I try to access the default homepage,
[java] 06/08/2010 4:24:19 PM
org.apache.mina.common.support.DefaultExceptionMonitor exceptionCaught
[java] WARNING: Unexpected exception.
[java] java.lang.OutOfMemoryError: Java heap space
[java] at java.util.HashMap.newKeyIterator(HashMap.java:840)
[java] at java.util.HashMap$KeySet.iterator(HashMap.java:874)
[java] at java.util.HashSet.iterator(HashSet.java:153)
[java] at
sun.nio.ch.SelectorImpl.processDeregisterQueue(SelectorImpl.java:127)
[java] at
sun.nio.ch.WindowsSelectorImpl.doSelect(WindowsSelectorImpl.java:149)
[java] at
sun.nio.ch.SelectorImpl.lockAndDoSelect(SelectorImpl.java:69)
[java] at sun.nio.ch.SelectorImpl.select(SelectorImpl.java:
80)
[java] at
org.apache.mina.transport.socket.nio.SocketIoProcessor
$Worker.run(SocketIoProcessor.java:500)
[java] at
org.apache.mina.util.NamePreservingRunnable.run(NamePreservingRunnable.java:
43)
[java] at java.util.concurrent.ThreadPoolExecutor
$Worker.runTask(ThreadPoolExecutor.java:886)
[java] at java.util.concurrent.ThreadPoolExecutor
$Worker.run(ThreadPoolExecutor.java:908)
[java] at java.lang.Thread.run(Thread.java:619)

Jonathan Kaplan

Aug 6, 2010, 11:17:28 AM8/6/10
to openwon...@googlegroups.com
I have definitely run the trunk on a number of (Linux) servers, and have not run into this problem. The fact that you are having trouble allocating more than 512MB of heap could indicate that your server is running out of memory. Try using a tool like top to see how much free memory you have, and kill any processes that are using excessive memory. Worst case, you could try a reboot to see if that clears things up.

Ric Moore

Aug 8, 2010, 3:50:08 PM8/8/10
On Fri, 2010-08-06 at 08:17 -0700, Jonathan Kaplan wrote:
> I have definitely run the trunk on a number of (Linux) servers, and
> have not run into this problem. The fact that you are having trouble
> allocating more than 512MB of heap could indicate that your server is
> running out of memory. Try using a tool like top to see how much free
> memory you have, and kill any processes that are using excessive
> memory. Worst case, you could try a reboot to see if that clears
> things up.

I didn't catch what he was running. If the latest Ubuntu 10.4, there is
some significant system overhead added by several daemons that I later
killed off. When you first install 10.4 there are some desktop search
daemons that kill your CPU for quite awhile, while building the search
database. I agree with Jonathan, top will reveal the culprit to hunt
down. Ric

wezzax

Aug 23, 2010, 3:50:14 AM8/23/10
to Open Wonderland Forum
I was trying to build on Win7 Ent x64, the new Linux server had been
held back by the technican here for more than 2 months... I have also
requested to install the last Ubuntu 9 instead of 10.4, which seems
more problem than ever...

I'm in a hurry to modify the module codes, so I kinda used a
2010-08-18 binary build "Version: 0.5-dev (rev. 4501)" instead for
testing modded modules... I uses the "Commit (MB)" in Task Manager to
determine mem-usage, I think that's the most accurate! Anyway, I've
6GB of ram for my desktop, at the moment commit is 4765/6140, which
means I have more than 1GB free mem I can use. I have also removed
the ANT_OPTS, which is more trouble to do with! Anyway, I got
"java.lang.OutOfMemoryError: Java heap space" all over the main OWL
console output! Any idea?

cheers.

On Aug 9, 3:50 am, Ric Moore <wayward4...@gmail.com> wrote:
> On Fri, 2010-08-06 at 08:17 -0700, Jonathan Kaplan wrote:
> > I have definitely run the trunk on a number of (Linux) servers, and
> > have not run into this problem. The fact that you are having trouble
> > allocating more than 512MB ofheapcould indicate that your server is

Ric Moore

Sep 28, 2010, 2:39:38 PM9/28/10
On Mon, 2010-08-23 at 00:50 -0700, wezzax wrote:
> I was trying to build on Win7 Ent x64, the new Linux server had been
> held back by the technican here for more than 2 months... I have also
> requested to install the last Ubuntu 9 instead of 10.4, which seems
> more problem than ever...

Lucid does install a new version of Java, without jumping through hoops.
I've had zero problems with it, but then I aways install cleanly.
Everyone that suffers major hiccups, on the various ubuntu lists seem to
be the ones that update/upgrade. Old config files are the usual causes.
Ric

Linux user# 44256