Send commands feature merged in openwisp-controller

Federico Capoano

Jun 7, 2021, 4:38:17 PM6/7/21
to open...@googlegroups.com
The new send commands feature has been merged in the main branch of openwisp-controller.

The feature allows by default to send these type of commands:

- change password
- reboot
- custom shell command

We spent effort in ensuring defining new commands can be done via configuration, so if there's any type of command your users should be able to run easily from the web interface without having to know linux shell scripting, it is possible to easily add this via configuration specified in the settings.py file, we provided an example in the documentation that explains how to add a hypothetical ping command.

If you're interested in this feature, you can test it using the main (master) branch of openwisp-controller.

Feedback is welcome!

This will be included in the upcoming release of OpenWISP.

Best regards
Federico Capoano

f.capoano

Sep 29, 2021, 9:11:02 PM9/29/21
to OpenWISP
Hi,

we prepared instruction that should help in setting up the upcoming version of OpenWISP, which includes this feature.

F.

Federico Capoano

Oct 6, 2021, 3:26:40 PM10/6/21
to OpenWISP