Merging Wireguard automation and subnet division rules in main branch

Federico Capoano

Sep 15, 2021, 11:14:56 AM9/15/21
to open...@googlegroups.com
Hi everyone,

we are maintaining a branch in openwisp-controller that has support for 2 new features:

- automating Wireguard and VXLAN over Wireguard tunnels
- subnet division rules

I did not want to merge these to master because they bring some significant changes to the codebase, however, over the last months we have been testing and refining the new features and we are confident that it would be fine to merge these, but I am warning all of you here because in case you may have used some low level python API in OpenWISP Controller it's likely that you may be affected by these changes and you'll have to update your code.

The initial idea was to issue a new release first, then a second release with these features, but then GSoC started and I couldn't follow the initial idea, now we have quite a number of important improvements and new features pending release, maintaining different branches with different features is painful and is slowing us down so we should merge 1.0.x in master and continue fixing blockers until we can release.

I just wanted to let you all know!

Best regards
Federico Capoano