[Weekly Progress Report] Adding support for automatic management of ZeroTier Tunnels

Aryaman

Jun 2, 2023, 12:42:37 PM6/2/23
to OpenWISP Google Summer of Code
Greeting everyone,

This thread will be used for tracking weekly progress for the GSoC'23 project Adding support for automatic management of ZeroTier Tunnels.

[May 29 – June 2]

List of tasks I have worked on:
Tasks I will be working on next week:
  • I will start implementing the ZeroTier VPN backend (JSON format).
Blockers:
  • Currently, there are no blockers.
With regards
Aryaman

Federico Capoano

Jun 2, 2023, 1:41:09 PM6/2/23
to Aryaman, OpenWISP Google Summer of Code
Great progress Aryaman!

Aryaman

Jun 9, 2023, 2:13:06 PM6/9/23
to OpenWISP Google Summer of Code

[June 5 – June 9]

List of tasks I have worked on:
Tasks I will be working on next week:
Blockers:
  • Currently, there are no blockers.
With regards
Aryaman

Aryaman

Jun 16, 2023, 12:51:26 PM6/16/23
to OpenWISP Google Summer of Code
[June 12 – June 16]

List of tasks I have worked on:
Tasks I will be working on next week:
Blockers:
  • Currently, there are no blockers.
With regards
Aryaman

Aryaman

Jun 25, 2023, 1:28:27 PM6/25/23
to OpenWISP Google Summer of Code
[June 19 – June 23]

List of tasks I have worked on:
Tasks I will be working on next week:
  • I have exams (both practical and theory) scheduled consecutively over the next few weeks until July 15th, so my availability will be very limited.
  • However, I will try my best to address the requested changes in my open pull requests if I have the opportunity. Thanks for understanding.
Blockers:
  • Currently, there are no blockers.
With regards
Aryaman

Aryaman

Aryaman

Aryaman

Jul 15, 2023, 7:33:50 PM7/15/23
to OpenWISP Google Summer of Code
[July 10 – July 14]

List of tasks I have worked on:
Tasks I will be working on next week:
  • I'll be working on the below-mentioned requested change, and then the PR will be ready for review.
    > We need to introduce a new notification type to communicate the unrecoverable failures to the user, ideally we want to reuse this notification type for multiple background tasks, not just zerotier related
  • I will also make an effort to begin writing unit tests and drafting documentation for the current work.
Blockers:
  • Currently, there are no blockers.
With regards
Aryaman

Aryaman

Jul 23, 2023, 6:18:53 PM7/23/23
to OpenWISP Google Summer of Code
[July 17 – July 21]

List of tasks I have worked on:
Tasks I will be working on next week:
Blockers:
  • Currently, there are no blockers.
With regards
Aryaman

Aryaman

Jul 28, 2023, 11:05:49 AM7/28/23
to OpenWISP Google Summer of Code
[July 24 – July 28]

List of tasks I have worked on:
Tasks I will be working on next week:
  • I will be working on improving the currently opened draft pull request and preparing it for review.
Blockers:
  • Currently, there are no blockers.
With regards
Aryaman

Aryaman

Aug 4, 2023, 1:45:45 PM8/4/23
to OpenWISP Google Summer of Code
[July 31 – August 4]

List of tasks I have worked on:
Tasks I will be working on next week:
  • I will work on the requested changes for my opened PRs (if any) and begin adding a ZeroTier parser in the netdiff library.
Blockers:
  • Currently, there are no blockers.
With regards
Aryaman

Aryaman

Aug 11, 2023, 1:20:29 PM8/11/23
to OpenWISP Google Summer of Code
[August 7 – August 11]

List of tasks I have worked on:
Tasks I will be working on next week:
  • I will address any requested changes for my open PRs and commence writing my GSoC project report.
Blockers:
  • Currently, there are no blockers.
With regards
Aryaman

Aryaman

Aug 18, 2023, 1:13:21 PM8/18/23
to OpenWISP Google Summer of Code
List of tasks I have worked on:
  • Connected with Gagan and deployed the current ZeroTier work to the staging environment.
Tasks I will be working on next week:
  • I will address any requested changes for my open PRs and commence writing my GSoC project report.
Blockers:
  • Currently, there are no blockers.

Aryaman

Aug 25, 2023, 12:36:37 PM8/25/23
to OpenWISP Google Summer of Code
Hi all,

Finally, GSoC'23 has come to an end, and I've attempted to summarize my project in the following blog. Please take a moment to give it a read, and if you find it interesting, don't forget to "clap" for it :)

🏷 https://aryamanz29.medium.com/add-support-for-automatic-management-of-zerotier-tunnels-791be96903bf

Cheers,
Aryaman