GSoC 22 is starting

Federico Capoano

May 21, 2022, 4:05:55 PM5/21/22
to OpenWISP Google Summer of Code
Congratulations to all the students who have been accepted!
You should have received an invitation for the Doodle to organize the Kick Start Meetup, where we will discuss the next steps and start coordinating.

Thanks to all those who applied and contributed!
Unfortunately we don't have a lot of mentors this year and we had to focus on a max of 3 projects.

The most important factor for the selection has been the amount of contribution to OpenWISP which has demonstrated the capability of contributors to achieve their goals. The quality of the application also was considered.

Some applicants had quality applications but not enough proven track records.
I suggest to those who have not been accepted to continue training and contributing, if you find OpenWISP an interesting project we will surely have chances to work together in the future, especially if you have already accumulated a discrete amount of experience with it.

I have never seen a rejected GSoC applicant stick with us and apply again the subsequent year, which always gave me the confirmation that the decision to not select them was right! Will anyone be the first this time to prove this wrong?
Let's see! :)

See you soon!
Federico Capoano