2nd GSoC phase

Federico Capoano

Aug 4, 2022, 8:17:38 AM8/4/22
to OpenWISP Google Summer of Code
Hi everyone,

congratulations to all the contributors who put a lot of effort into getting to this phase.
It was not easy but we appreciated your efforts and we look forward to continuing to see you putting effort from here until the end of the program to complete your project successfully!

In this second phase, the most important goal we must focus on is to get your work merged into OpenWISP and deployed on the demo system, the ultimate goal is to polish and publish it for public usage! Keep this in mind.

Now I want to encourage all of you to share your progress on social media more often!
There's quite a lot of work you have been doing, a lot of it is visual, please do put effort to share it on social media using the tags #openwisp, #opensource and #openwrt or #netjson or #python and #django (depending on your project applicable).
I will give it visibility.

Here's a few good examples of such posts:

You will notice that these posts have a description aimed at explaining to a potential user the feature being introduced, one or more screenshots or a GIF of the feature in action and a link to the pull request which is either open or merged.
Please avoid focusing on nerdy stuff that no one cares about (eg: screenshot of the code, no screenshot or nerdy / auto celebrative talk), focus on the user's point of view!

There's equivalent posts on Facebook and LinkedIn too.
Let us know here once you publish any post.

Best regards
Federico Capoano
OpenWISP OÜ
Harjumaa, Tallinn, Sepapaja tn 6, 15551