Joining GSOC 2021 and introduction

Oliver Kraitschy

May 18, 2021, 2:44:33 AM5/18/21
to OpenWISP Google Summer of Code

Hello everyone,

as I am joining GSOC 2021 as a mentor, I would like to introduce myself, for those who don't know me.

First of all, congratulations to all accepted students! I wish you a very successful GSOC participation, that it will bring both you and the OpenWISP project forward.
And to the students who didn't make it: stay positive and keep trying! There will be another GSOC next year and there are also other possibilities to take part and contribute in the OpenWISP community.

My name is Oliver, I am a software developer from Germany. I discovered OpenWISP in 2017 when I met Federico at the OpenWrt summit in Prague. I work for a company which builds hardware and software for company networks. I then started to contribute to OpenWISP and build a network management solution around OpenWISP.

I'm happy to take part in GSOC 2021 as a mentor in the OpenWISP REST API project.

Greetings to you all!
Oliver

Federico Capoano

May 18, 2021, 1:18:52 PM5/18/21
to OpenWISP Google Summer of Code
Great to have you onboard Oliver!
I added you and Konrad as Mentors in the GSoC system, waiting for Florian to accept the invitation as well.

Fed

Nicholas Smith

May 18, 2021, 6:28:30 PM5/18/21
to OpenWISP Google Summer of Code
Hello everyone,

I am joining GSoC as a mentor for the first time this year and would like to introduce myself.

I would like to echo the sentiments of Oliver and say congratulations and welcome to all new OpenWISP students! I believe participation will be enriching both for yourselves as well as the project.  For those who did not get into a slot this year, stay positive and stay on the lookout for ways to create new opportunities to participate in open source and OpenWISP.

My name is Nick (nickberry17), I am a software developer at an Australian company that builds mobile broadband modem routers. I first discovered OpenWISP around 2018 and my company began using it in a product in 2020.  My company has sponsored development of some features for OpenWISP and has also agreed to allow me to contribute time to the project for GSoC.

I am glad to be taking part in GSoC 2021 as a mentor in the OpenWISP Monitoring OpenWrt package project, and the UI/navigation project.

All the best for the Summer of Code!
Nick

Best regards,

Nick S