GSoC weekly project report

Purhan Kaushik

May 21, 2021, 1:44:19 PM5/21/21
to OpenWISP Google Summer of Code
Hi everyone, following is a summary of the tasks for this week.

Tasks I have worked on:

Tasks I will be working on next week:

Blockers:
- Mock device output in tests: Tests for AirOS HTTP backend remain, apart from a few minor changes.

Best regards,
Purhan

Federico Capoano

May 22, 2021, 4:11:50 PM5/22/21
to OpenWISP Google Summer of Code
Always link your pull requests please, will make it easier for mentors to get to your code changes faster.

Purhan Kaushik

May 28, 2021, 2:17:35 PM5/28/21
to OpenWISP Google Summer of Code
Hi everyone,
This is the status of the project as of 28th February, 2021

Tasks I have worked on:
- Github Actions CI: In progress
- Python3 Support: In progress

Tasks I will be working on next week:

Regards,
Purhan

Purhan Kaushik

Jun 4, 2021, 1:00:28 PM6/4/21
to OpenWISP Google Summer of Code
Hi everyone,
This is the status of the project as of 4th June, 2021

Tasks I have worked on:

Tasks I will be working on next week:

Regards,
Purhan

Federico Capoano

Jun 6, 2021, 7:39:02 PM6/6/21
to Purhan Kaushik, OpenWISP Google Summer of Code
Great progress Purhan,

During the next week, please focus on stress testing your latest work on the hardware which is going to be delivered to you.
Stress testing means also try to change the configuration in different ways and see what you get out of it by querying it with the library.
The goal is to extract as much information as possible (see what we get from the netjson-monitoring lua scripts for reference).

Thanks!

Purhan Kaushik

Jun 11, 2021, 1:42:26 PM6/11/21
to OpenWISP Google Summer of Code
Hi everyone,
This is the status of the project as of 11th June, 2021

Tasks I have worked on:
This week I have worked on adding support for new monitoring metrics to the OpenWRT backend. The goal is to:
1. Make the information compliant with the NetJSON DeviceMonitoring spec. This is already done for both OpenWRT and AirOS.
2. Add new metrics, remove the unused ones (we do this in order to collect similar, and if possible, the same information as we do with openwrt-openwisp-monitoring). This is mostly done for OpenWRT.

Tasks for next week:
- NetJSON DeviceMonitoring Compliance: Will complete the OpenWRT part, and will start with the AirOS part.
- Improve test suite: Possible improvements to the test suite, more as I find them.

Regards,
Purhan

Purhan Kaushik

Jun 18, 2021, 1:22:05 PM6/18/21
to OpenWISP Google Summer of Code
Hi everyone,
This is the status of the project as of 18th June, 2021

Tasks I have worked on:
- NetJSON DeviceMonitoring Compliance: I have added new metrics to the AirOS backend this week. Now its time to test all the changes and make some improvements.
- Support for SNMP credentials in openwisp-controller: This is partly done and I will continue to work on this for a couple of upcoming weeks.

Tasks for next week:

Regards,
Purhan

Purhan Kaushik

Jun 25, 2021, 2:47:27 PM6/25/21
to OpenWISP Google Summer of Code
Hi everyone,
This is the status of the project as of 25th June, 2021

Tasks I have worked on:
- SNMP Check in OpenWISP monitoring: This is the last big feature, I'm working on this alongside Support for SNMP credentials in openwisp-controller

Tasks for next week:
- Mostly just continuation of work from this week. All that remains after this are improvements, once we have everything in place.

Regards,
Purhan

Purhan Kaushik

Jul 2, 2021, 9:40:09 AM7/2/21
to OpenWISP Google Summer of Code
Hi everyone,
This is the status of the project as of 2nd July, 2021

Tasks I have worked on:
- SNMP Check in OpenWISP monitoring + Support for SNMP credentials in openwisp-controller: I'm spending time on tweaking these at the moment. Fixing a few bugs before I can mark these for review.

Tasks for next week:
- Continuation from this week, and possibly other tasks from the to-do list but they are not top priority yet.

Regards,
Purhan

Purhan Kaushik

Jul 9, 2021, 2:47:37 PM7/9/21
to OpenWISP Google Summer of Code
Hi everyone,
This is the status of the project as of 9th July

Currently working on:

Ready for review/testing:

For next week:
- NetJSON DeviceMonitoring compliance #62: I aim to get this merged next week.

Purhan Kaushik

Jul 16, 2021, 1:02:41 PM7/16/21
to OpenWISP Google Summer of Code
Hi,
This is the status of the project as of 16th July

Currently working on:
- Collect all OIDs at once #65 (This is mostly done now, consider it ready for testing)

Ready for review/testing:

For next week:
- SNMP check for OpenWISP Monitoring: The goal now would be to complete this PR and fix the failing build.

Purhan Kaushik

Jul 23, 2021, 2:24:05 PM7/23/21
to OpenWISP Google Summer of Code
Hi,
This is the status of the project as of 23rd July

Currently working on:
For review:

Purhan Kaushik

Jul 30, 2021, 1:06:11 PM7/30/21
to OpenWISP Google Summer of Code
Hi,
This is the status of the project as of 30th July

Currently working on:
- SNMP check for OpenWISP Monitoring: This week I worked on refactoring some code.

For next week:
- SNMP check for OpenWISP Monitoring: Requires some rebasing and updating the code after the changes in Netengine. Should be ready for review by next week.
- Editable management IP field: An "edit" button should be added to the management IP field if SNMP credentials exist for a device.

Regards,
Purhan

Purhan Kaushik

Aug 6, 2021, 12:20:03 PM8/6/21
to OpenWISP Google Summer of Code
Hi,
This is the status of the project as of 6th August

Currently working on:

For next week:
- Refinement of work done till now.

Regards,
Purhan

Purhan Kaushik

Aug 13, 2021, 2:46:11 PM8/13/21
to OpenWISP Google Summer of Code
Hi,
This is the status of the project as of 13th August

Currently working on:
- SNMP check for OpenWISP Monitoring: Ready for review, apart from minor changes

For next week:
- Refinement of work done till now.

Regards,
Purhan

Purhan Kaushik

Aug 23, 2021, 7:25:10 AM8/23/21
to OpenWISP Google Summer of Code
Hi everyone,

I recently published my Google Summer of Code 2021 final blog which discusses my experiences and the project report.

Regards,
Purhan