Thanks to all those who applied to GSoC 23

Federico Capoano

May 4, 2023, 4:01:28 PM5/4/23
to OpenWISP Google Summer of Code
Hi everyone,

I want to thank all those who applied to GSoC 23 and the mentors and other contributors who helped to review pull requests.

I need to clarify that all applications this year, except 1, were ineligible for the following reasons:

- the applications did not provide any concrete design of a solution, most were merely a copy/paste of our project idea with minor changes
- the applicants did not contribute seriously to the project or community

If you guys want to be part of Open Source, you need to put in more effort.
As a start, you do that by choosing a project because it deals with subjects you are interested in and then you stick to it, if you do this you will improve your skills and opportunities will arise.

I hope this helps!
Best luck to all
Federico