I ireally like this engine

vossi

Feb 21, 2010, 1:17:18 PM2/21/10
to openwebgames
Hi,

I came across the GMP engine when I googled for Javascript Game
Engines. I compared somewhat around 6-8 engines and I got hooked on
GMP for its amazingly small filesize, it´s good documentation, what
both makes the engine the appearance of beaing manageable for the
average web developer. And the performance seems pretty accaptable
where I saw larger engines getting weak. Okay, it lacks some feautes
like audio, which limits it´s possibilities. But compared to its 15
(!!!) kb size in the minified version, it is amazing what one can do
with it.

I would really be happy if the development of engine would be
continued. I feel tempted also to use it for simpler tasks like banner
creation or animated presentations.

Regards, vossi

Dietrich Ayala

Feb 21, 2010, 1:25:33 PM2/21/10
to openwe...@googlegroups.com
Thanks for the info on GMP!

I'd really like to see a feature comparison table of all the different
game engines...

Trevor Cowley

Feb 21, 2010, 1:45:33 PM2/21/10
to openwebgames
Thanks for the post Dietrich!

FWIW, the GMP game engine is still in active development, and I'm
working on some tools to make development of a game a little faster.
Once these are released (next 4-8 weeks), I'll be adding several new
sections to the manual for intermediate as well as new devs.

It has definitely been quiet on the GMP website (gogomakeplay.com)
since the summer, as I've spent these last several months at a new
job. But I've been in active development for a few weeks, and I'll be
posting fresh stuff once again.

Trevor

Dietrich Ayala

Feb 21, 2010, 4:00:52 PM2/21/10
to openwe...@googlegroups.com
Very cool, thanks for the update Trevor!