Problem when deploying OpenWayback with Docker on a server

Emmanuel DI PRETORO

Sep 28, 2018, 6:33:59 AM9/28/18
to openwayback-dev
Hello,

I'm trying to install OpenWayback on a server via Docker, unfortunately, without success.

Here are the steps followed:
1. Clone the original git repository (https://github.com/iipc/openwayback);
3. Build the image (with docker image build -t promise/waybackpromise .);
5. Start the container (with docker-composes up -d);

So I've basically followed the documentation (https://github.com/iipc/openwayback/wiki/How-to-build-and-run-in-Docker). But if the site is visible (http://waybackpromise.urfsid.be/), clicking on "Take Me Back" gives me a 404 error on the Tomcat server.

I've tried to find the source of the problem, including on the mailing list, but none of my attempts solved the problem.

Can you tell me what error(s) I am making here?

Thanks in advance!

Kind regards,

Emmanuel Di Pretoro

Sawood Alam

Sep 28, 2018, 8:18:23 AM9/28/18
to openway...@googlegroups.com
Hi Emmanuel,

I looked at your code quickly and noticed that you modified the WAYBACK_URL_PORT from 8080 to 80 in the Dockerfile and in your docker-compose.yml file you are mapping port 8080 of the host to the port 8080 of the container (while your service is actually running on port 80 inside the container). Try changing ports config in your compose file as "80:80" or "8080:80" (depending on how you want to access it from the host).

That said, you don't really *need* to modify the Dockerfile. Various environment variables we have towards the end of the OWB Dockerfile are configurable at run time (for example, in your compose file).

Best,

--
Sawood Alam
Department of Computer Science