EAP

Karen Reeder

Apr 28, 2011, 11:39:40 AM4/28/11
to openwater-r...@googlegroups.com
Here is a link to the safety plan for the USMS 10K if Florida.  I don't know if this is specificaly what you are looking for, but maybe it will help.

http://www.openwaterfestival.org/USMS%20safety%20plan.pdf

Meenakshi Pahuja

Apr 28, 2011, 11:38:53 PM4/28/11
to openwater-r...@googlegroups.com, Karen Reeder
dear karen,
hi, long time..how are you..when is usms 10k florida happening...i am coming from India to participate in annual key west swim, 12.5 miles swim on 4th june. will arrive on 1st.
regards
meenakshi

--
Thank you very much for your interest in open water swimming.

Thanks and Regards

Meenakshi Pahuja

Assistant Professor in Physical Education
&
Programme Officer Alumna Relations
Lady Shri Ram College
9811093500

*Medallist at 10th Asia Pacific Age Group Aquatic Meet held at Pusan, South Korea,1996
*First one from Delhi to swim successfully Lake Zurich, 2007
*First one from Delhi to attempt Great English Channel, 2008
*First Indian to Successfully swim 5 lakes in 5 days -Tex Robertson High Land lakes Challenge, 2010

(Lake Buchanan, Inks Lake, Lake LBJ, Lake Marble Falls & Lake Travis)

-President, Alumni Association of IGIPESS

Karen Reeder

Apr 29, 2011, 9:36:02 AM4/29/11
to openwater-r...@googlegroups.com
Meenakshi,

Hi, the 10K is on June 11th in Fort Meyers, FL.  Here is the website information.

Have fun at Key West.  It is hot there, I did it one year and was lucky, we had a cloudy day.  You need to put on extra vaseline because your suit will rub more there.  I would put some vaseline on your suit line everywhere.  I had marks on my skin from my suit where ever there was a seam.

Karen

Meenakshi Pahuja

May 19, 2011, 8:56:19 AM5/19/11
to openwater-r...@googlegroups.com
thanks karen a ton for your advice will follow what you say...my hard luck I am coming second time to US that to for swim and unable to meet you in person...hope in october when I come down to swim solo of lake travis...I will be lucky to meet you..looking forward...
take care
meenakshi