Windows GUI

Mike

Jan 26, 2015, 11:15:57 AM1/26/15
Hi Group,

I am converting some fortran source written many years ago using the Watcom
Fortran Compiler.

The objective is to run the program in a Windows 32/64 bit mode with a
modern looking interface.

Can anyone recommend the best way forward in terms of developing a Windows
style interface please?

Thanks Mike

Lynn McGuire

Jan 26, 2015, 1:29:10 PM1/26/15
http://www.winteracter.com/ ???

Our Windows front end is written in C++ and executes of F77 / C / C++ calculation engine in batch mode.

Lynn

Mike Smith

Feb 6, 2015, 9:35:54 AM2/6/15
I am porting a program which currently runs in a command window, so
PRINT/READ etc goes to the command window.

Does Watcom support any means of directing this information to a Microsoft
screen window?

Thanks for any reply's.

Regards,

Mike

Lynn McGuire

Feb 6, 2015, 2:02:22 PM2/6/15
On 2/6/2015 8:35 AM, Mike Smith wrote:
> I am porting a program which currently runs in a command window, so PRINT/READ etc goes to the command window.
>
> Does Watcom support any means of directing this information to a Microsoft screen window?
>
> Thanks for any reply's.
>
> Regards,
>
> Mike

There used to be a builtin ability called default windowing to automatically generate a Windows wrapper. I used it for a while and
then wrote my own.

I have put the source code for it in the newsgroup in the distant past, back on July 6, 2004, with the subject "an alternative for
default windowing".

Lynn

Mike Smith

Feb 9, 2015, 11:06:49 AM2/9/15
Hi Lynn,

I am subscribed to the news group openwatcom.users.fortran, when I try to
search the newsgroup for your topic I am only seeing current mail.

Should I be searching other newsgroups?

Regards,

Mike

dpb

Feb 9, 2015, 12:34:43 PM2/9/15
On 02/09/2015 10:06 AM, Mike Smith wrote:
> Hi Lynn,
>
> I am subscribed to the news group openwatcom.users.fortran, when I try
> to search the newsgroup for your topic I am only seeing current mail.

Which newsserver are you using? Most feeds only keep a limited number
of days or volume.

Try the news.openwatcom.org feed itself.

I looked for Lynn's postings by name and see they've been downloaded
here so we can always repost or send offline if needs must be...