Delay processing Function

Mike Smith

Apr 6, 2016, 9:19:09 AM4/6/16
Hi Group,

I want to delay the processing of a script file which is being used by a
Watcom F77 program.

Can anyone please let me know if such a function exists and if so is it part
of the Watcom system? thank you.

Regards,

Mike Smith

dpb

Apr 13, 2016, 10:04:54 AM4/13/16
On 04/06/2016 8:18 AM, Mike Smith wrote:
> Hi Group,
>
> I want to delay the processing of a script file which is being used by a
> Watcom F77 program.
>
> Can anyone please let me know if such a function exists and if so is it
> part of the Watcom system? thank you.

If by script file you mean a batch process to the OS shell, no, there's
nothing builtin in Watcom. You could use an OS chron utility and
dispatch that, though.

Or, you can build a threaded application and have the thread use OS
calls I suppose and make it "look like" it was all native from the
users' viewpoint.

Mike Smith

Apr 27, 2016, 4:46:52 AM4/27/16
I guess I am trying to access the system clock and pause processing for a
number of seconds which will provide a consistent delay time on all
hardware. Is this what you mean by OS calls?

Thanks for your previous reply

Mike