C99

Fred J. Tydeman

Jan 5, 2019, 9:25:59 PM1/5/19

I see references to C99 mode in the documentation, but I do not see
how to have the compiler do that mode.
---
Fred J. Tydeman Tydeman Consulting
tyd...@tybor.com Testing, numerics, programming
+1 (702) 608-6093 Vice-chair of PL22.11 (ANSI "C")
Sample C99+FPCE tests: http://www.tybor.com
Savers sleep well, investors eat well, spenders work forever.

Fred J. Tydeman

Jan 5, 2019, 9:30:12 PM1/5/19
I see references to C99 mode in the documentation, but I do not see how
to get the compiler in that mode.

Paul S Person

Jan 6, 2019, 12:57:28 PM1/6/19
On Sun, 6 Jan 2019 02:25:22 +0000 (UTC), "Fred J. Tydeman"
<tydeman.c...@sbcglobal.net> wrote:

>I see references to C99 mode in the documentation, but I do not see
>how to have the compiler do that mode.

This page in the Wiki
http://wiki.openwatcom.org/index.php/C99_Compliance
discusses features implemented, at least when last updated.

Note the reference to -za99.
--
"I begin to envy Petronius."
"I have envied him long since."

Fred J. Tydeman

Jan 6, 2019, 4:33:02 PM1/6/19
On Sun, 6 Jan 2019 17:57:23 UTC, Paul S Person <pspe...@ix.netcom.invalid> wrote:

> >I see references to C99 mode in the documentation, but I do not see
> >how to have the compiler do that mode.
>
> This page in the Wiki
> http://wiki.openwatcom.org/index.php/C99_Compliance
> discusses features implemented, at least when last updated.
>
> Note the reference to -za99.

Thank you. I was mainly looking in the OpenWatcom 2.0 pdf files.

Using grep, I found that owcc.exe has -std=c99
However, I cannot find documentation on owcc.

Paul S Person

Jan 7, 2019, 12:38:14 PM1/7/19
On Sun, 6 Jan 2019 21:32:25 +0000 (UTC), "Fred J. Tydeman"
<tydeman.c...@sbcglobal.net> wrote:

>On Sun, 6 Jan 2019 17:57:23 UTC, Paul S Person <pspe...@ix.netcom.invalid> wrote:
>
>> >I see references to C99 mode in the documentation, but I do not see
>> >how to have the compiler do that mode.
>>
>> This page in the Wiki
>> http://wiki.openwatcom.org/index.php/C99_Compliance
>> discusses features implemented, at least when last updated.
>>
>> Note the reference to -za99.
>
>Thank you. I was mainly looking in the OpenWatcom 2.0 pdf files.
>
>Using grep, I found that owcc.exe has -std=c99
>However, I cannot find documentation on owcc.

According to
http://wiki.openwatcom.org/index.php/Undocumented_features
it has been documented in the C/C++ Tools User Guide since OW 1.5.

It's the second item in Contents, cleverly disguised as "The Open
Watcom C/C++ POSIX-like Compiler Driver".

However, I didn't see anything about -std. Still, it wouldn't hurt to
try it and see what happens.