OW 1.9 1DE debugger problems.

Robert McConnell

Aug 22, 2018, 11:55:22 AM8/22/18
After many years of faithful service on a variety of computers and
Windows versions my OW 1.9 debugger suddenly started loading from the
IDE as 5 separate windows on one of my computers.

in the Windows taskbar instead of a single icon labeled "Open Watcom
Debugger", there are five icons:
Open Watcom Debugger
Modules
CPU registers (Pentium Pro)
Locals
Source:...

Rather than the last 4 acting as child windows of the first, each
can be clicked on individually and appears to act completely independently.

Any ideas what went wrong and how to fix it?

-rob

Robert McConnell

Aug 22, 2018, 12:27:45 PM8/22/18
It turns out that this problem is specific to one particular target
module. There is no problem with any of the other targets in this
project I'll try strategic recompilation to see if I can find anything.

Robert McConnell

Aug 22, 2018, 2:56:38 PM8/22/18
Solution found! It turns out that in the debugger display switches,
somehow the "page protocol" had been selected rather than the "default
protocol".