VSPAERO's pressure coefficient

Eric Cheng

Oct 10, 2021, 4:27:58 AM10/10/21
to OpenVSP
Hi all,

Is there a way in VSPAERO to generate a contour map of the wing pressure coefficient like below?

Could VSPAERO generate complete data with similar pressure coefficients?

Could I generate the complete pressure coefficient data of the wing in VSPAERO?
So that I can draw similar pressure coefficient contour pictures myself.

微信图片_20211010162138.png

Brandon Litherland

Oct 10, 2021, 7:03:19 AM10/10/21
to OpenVSP
That feature is under the Cp slicer in VSPAERO.  In VLM mode, you'll get a delta CP plot and in panel mode you'll get results similar to those above.  To capture the pressure curves well, you'll need quite a few points at the LE.  The settings will be different than of a normal panel run.  Use LE clustering of around 0.10-0.15 and at least 61 NumW.

I'm fairly sure that this has been asked before so please remember our suggestions to search the forum for answers before posting a new thread.  There is a mountain of information here if you look for it.

Eric Cheng

Oct 10, 2021, 8:40:33 AM10/10/21
to OpenVSP
I got it.