SUPERSONIC OPEN MANIFOLD

Alan

Apr 9, 2024, 11:22:30 AMApr 9
to OpenVSP
Hope this email finds you good health,
I am an aerospace engineering student who is working on a conceptual design for supersonic aircraft. My main problem is the model Ive worked on within openvsp can be exported and inputted into starccm as a stp file however, there is still an open manifold in Openvsp. My colleague has already sent a form with the file, its got sent back to him with things to change, I have applied these changes but still get the same error.. Below is the attached model, could you please find the issue or open manifold that I am missing.

Kind regards,
Aland.
WHOLE AIRCRAFT.stp

Christian Ghiugan

Apr 15, 2024, 11:14:13 PMApr 15
to OpenVSP
Looks like you've got a long hole in the back section where it seems to sweep up. I took your previous model in the previous post and moved the tail components down by .1, changed the wing root cap type to none, the tail fins root cap type to none, and the vertical stabilizer root and tip cap types as flat. Untrimmed step export(in feet), and then when I tried to sew the faces I had to change the tolerance to 1e-3 m. Seems to mesh fine now. Hope this helps.