v3.29.0 file open crash

Leon Searl

Jul 27, 2022, 3:17:31 AM7/27/22
to OpenVSP
Hi Guys,

 I'm getting a OpenVSP crash using OpenVSP 3.29.0 on Ubuntu 20.04 while trying to File->Open... a .vsp3 file saved with version 3.28.0 on Ubuntu 20.04

I've attached the .vsp3 file that is causing a problem.

Thanks,
Leon

test.vsp3

Cibin Joseph

Jul 27, 2022, 3:41:17 AM7/27/22
to ope...@googlegroups.com
Tried the same file. Crashes the moment it's loaded.

Just to add to this.
The following warning is printed in Ubuntu 20.04 with OpenVSP 3.28:
Possible O(n^2) behavior detected with large n in call to XmlUtil::GetNode from /home/runner/work/PrivateVSP/PrivateVSP/src/geom_core/Vehicle.cpp line 1898

In Ubuntu 20.04 with OpenVSP 3.29:
Segmentation fault (core dumped)

- Cibin

Cibin Joseph

Jul 27, 2022, 5:52:21 AM7/27/22
to ope...@googlegroups.com
Oddly enough, the file still crashes when I delete almost every component inside it. The following file just has the rotor retained.

- Cibin
testRotor.vsp3

Rob McDonald

Jul 27, 2022, 12:43:41 PM7/27/22
to ope...@googlegroups.com
It looks like it has something to do with the custom component in the file.

I upgraded AngelScript to help with M1 Mac and it looks like it messed up other platforms....

I'll see what I can do.

Rob

Rob McDonald

Jul 27, 2022, 2:15:11 PM7/27/22
to ope...@googlegroups.com
OK,

I just posted 3.29.1 with the offending bits reverted.

The O(n^2) warning is likely harmless, I'll take a closer look and let you know if there is something you should do differently, or if I should fix something.

Rob

Leon Searl

Jul 27, 2022, 3:12:39 PM7/27/22
to ope...@googlegroups.com
Wow. Thanks for the quick turnaround, Rob.
Leon

--
Leon S. Searl, President