Python API writing to files

jordi nosaurio

Aug 1, 2022, 5:57:28 AM8/1/22
to OpenVSP
Hello,
Just another question. Is it also possible to minimize the outputing to postprocess files while using the python API (up to the essentials to make vspaero to work)?. I guess takes time to write to files, and we would like to control the process (we already have the API to get the desired results).

Thank you!

Rob McDonald

Aug 1, 2022, 11:09:35 AM8/1/22
to OpenVSP
There is no way to turn off the files.

OpenVSP reads the VSPAERO files to get the results you have in the API.  There are also some files used by VSPAERO.  It is unlikely that writing these files is slowing down your process.  Try running in a ram-drive and see if you can measure a significant difference.

Rob

jordi nosaurio

Aug 1, 2022, 3:24:17 PM8/1/22
to OpenVSP
"OpenVSP reads the VSPAERO files to get the results you have in the API" --> definitely not a good idea to get rid of those files :-)
thank you