The section between wing and fuselage for VLM

MaxZ

Oct 13, 2021, 9:05:49 PM10/13/21
to OpenVSP
Hi,

I am beginning for the OpenVSP,  I have a question for the modeling of the cross-section between wing and fuselage.  If I use the VLM method in the VSPaero, should I create the center wing part like the first picture below ?
Will it be overlapped with the fuselage and contribute more moment since the fuselage has been considered in VLM?

Regards
Thanks

01.pngO2.png

Rob McDonald

Oct 14, 2021, 1:25:02 AM10/14/21
to ope...@googlegroups.com
Usually it is best practice to continue a wing to the center line with VLM.  You may want to try both ways and see how your model reacts.

Rob