Python API | Panel method | Could not load Degen Geometry, CART3D Tri, or VSPGEOM Tri file

Jeyadave Nuntha Kumar

Jul 13, 2024, 5:20:43 PM (8 days ago) Jul 13
to OpenVSP
Hi all,

I ran into an issue which others have previously and am seeking a solution. See:

I'm attempting to run the Panel method analysis in VSPAero with Python (code attached). My script reads in a .vsp3 file which contains the native geometry I want to analyze. Then, it sets up all the analysis inputs before executing the analysis.

My script and the .vsp3 file is located in this work directory:
C:\Users\cuppy\OneDrive\Documents\UMD\Summer 2024\Rotorcraft CFD\Code

OpenVSP is installed in this directory:
C:\Program Files (x86)\OpenVSP-3.39.1-win64-Python3.11\OpenVSP-3.39.1-win64

Upon running the code, I get this error:
Could not load c:\Users\cuppy\OneDrive\Documents\UMD\Summer 2024\Rotorcraft CFD\Code\ROBIN_v1298_VSPGeom VSP Degen Geometry, CART3D Tri, or VSPGEOM Tri file...

However,  when I check the folder that it's supposedly trying to load the files from, I see the degen geom and vspgeom files with the names it's looking for.

OpenVSP also tried to look for the .history, .polar, .lod, and .adb files but of course it could not find them since there is no solution.

Also when I open the .vsp3 file, I don't see that my analysis inputs have changed. This is after VSPAero printed to the terminal the changed analysis inputs while executing the analysis.

Thanks,
Jeyadave
DebugExecWorkflow.py

Jeyadave Nuntha Kumar

Jul 17, 2024, 12:05:15 AM (4 days ago) Jul 17
to OpenVSP
I found a solution. I just needed to run the CompGeom analysis before running the VSPAERO analysis. Then everything runs smoothly.