Fuselage load distribution

AGUS SUDARMAWAN

Mar 20, 2023, 2:33:43 AM3/20/23
to OpenVSP
Hello,..
I do analysis (vortex lattice or panel method) VSPAERO for simple wing body configuration, just basic fuselage and wing. From "Show Results Mgr." i can see easily the load span wise distribution of wing, but I can not see the fuselage load x wise distribution. Similarly, also I can not see fuselage load x wise distribution from exported file (.csv file).
How to show fuselage load on x wise distribution by using the existing vspAero tool?
Regards

AGUS SUDARMAWAN

May 2, 2023, 12:03:55 AM5/2/23
to OpenVSP
Sorry for reposting my question. Does any one has experience to extract load distribution of fuselage in x direction on panel method vspaero?

Brandon Litherland

May 2, 2023, 5:49:01 AM5/2/23
to OpenVSP
Fuselages won't have wakes attached in either mode (even if the aft end is a point or line) and so the forces and moments are not shown in the spanloading plot.  However, this doesn't mean that the bodies do not affect the solution.  For example, in both modes bodies will affect the moments.  Try running a case with a fuselage included and one without and compare the results.  Panel mode should include all thick surfaces in the final forces and moments.  They just won't all be shown in the spanload plot.

AGUS SUDARMAWAN

May 3, 2023, 3:33:52 AM5/3/23
to OpenVSP
Thanks Brandon.
My concern is how we can extract load distribution of fuselage in X direction. I do believe that in the fuselage surface we have load distribution. If VSPaero did not show the fuselage distribution on graph plot, its OK, but i wish this fuselage load distribution results can be extracted from .csv exported file results.