Insert a new XSec at a specific span location

Miguel Segade

Oct 5, 2021, 7:19:36 AM10/5/21
to OpenVSP
Hi

I want to define a new XSec, keeping the geometry constant, in a specific location. For example, given a 1 m span  section I want an Xsec at 0.25 m, preserving the shape of the wing. Using the split button, I have a new Xsec at 50% of the span that preserves the shape, but I cannot obtain one at for instance 17.3% of the span.

I want this functionality to define spars, as the software allows to limit its length to a certain Xsec. I want to use this functionality in a script, so a hint on how to do it using the API is appreciated.

Thanks!

Rob McDonald

Oct 5, 2021, 6:13:08 PM10/5/21
to OpenVSP
Not at this time.

It might actually be easier to implement a spar that stops at an intermediate location (instead of always stopping at a planform break).  Is that what you're really after?

Rob

Miguel Segade

Oct 6, 2021, 6:59:55 AM10/6/21
to OpenVSP
Hi Rob,

Yes, I want to stop the spar at an intermediate location. Is there any way of doing that at the moment?

Thanks!