VSPAERO HLD and Control Surface Analysis

AGUS SUDARMAWAN

Jul 20, 2024, 4:38:57 AM (yesterday) Jul 20
to OpenVSP
Dear All,
I would like to share my results of HLD and control surface simulation through Panel Method VSPAERO.
To generate model such that, it is little bit tricky especially at the junction two different section. How ever to generate the model that there are flap and or control surface (for example), i separated the wing to be some part such as inboard, mid, and outboard, plain flap and flap. Intersection between part i used root or tip rounded. To obtain a good model, the intersection between two part should be match and smooth.
After some trial, below are the results. AoA=0, Plain Flap=20 deg, Flap=20 deg
However I still curious about the result, especially in the plain flap part section pressure. Due to deflection of plain flap, we will have an upper surface change contour, and at the contour upper surface around the plain flap rotation point, i imagine will see a slight peaky pressure. But I did not see it on the results.
I wish Rob McDonald and Brandon, have comments about it.
Regards

CP.jpg
IsoUp-1.jpg
Mesh.jpg