Adding pylon and wing-body joint

Rashmikant Upadhyay

Jul 18, 2024, 1:29:30 AM (3 days ago) Jul 18
to OpenVSP
Hello OpenVSP group member,

First, I want to design aircraft using OpenVSP and export it to the pointwise for the CFD meshing. During the aircraft design, I found difficulty while creating pylon and wing-body joints as it is necessary to connect between wing-body and Wing-Body-Nacelle as shown in the attached diagram. Without these connections, creating CFD mesh in the pointwise is difficult. If there's any video to create this entire structure, please tell me.

Thank you so much in advance.

aicraft.png

Brandon Litherland

Jul 18, 2024, 5:53:10 AM (3 days ago) Jul 18
to OpenVSP

Rashmikant Upadhyay

Jul 18, 2024, 5:12:17 PM (3 days ago) Jul 18
to OpenVSP
Thank you so much, Brandon.

Is there any tutorial to design the attached figure and CFD mesh with the fluid domain? Or a VSP file as an example related to the attached figure. Figure 2 is from last year's workshop (titled- VSP meshing) while Figure 1 is from a tutorial video but not a complete tutorial to design it.

Thank you so much once again in advanced.
Figure_1.png
Figure_2.png