CFD Mesh not outputting stl?

Sean Vredevoogd

Aug 7, 2022, 12:13:11 PM8/7/22
to OpenVSP
I am not able to output my plane as an stl using the CFD mesh for some reason. Every time I try it gets hung up at the Initmesh step and freezes until I close the program. Any idea what could be causing this? File included.
Plane.vsp3

Rob McDonald

Aug 7, 2022, 1:46:47 PM8/7/22
to ope...@googlegroups.com
You probably have the resolution settings far too fine for your model -- or there are other problems with your model.

I suggest you start simple -- back off and just mesh the Wing.  CFDMesh defaults to meshing the 'Shown' Set, so you can do this by showing the Wing and No-Showing everything else.

Look at your overall wing span.  Then, set the Max len and Min Len parameters to reasonable values based on your Wing Span (and your units selection).  I.e. if your overall span is 10,000 -- then don't set your Max Len to 0.5.

Once you've had some success and adjusted the parameters appropriately for a single component, start adding in the other components.

Rob