Creating Screenshots from vspscript executable

Andrew Rogan

Aug 15, 2022, 11:37:25 AM8/15/22
to OpenVSP
Hi all,

I am relatively new to the OpenVSP API so please bear with me. I am trying to create an Angelscript that has the ability to take screenshots of the three principle views (top, right, front) of a generated geometry using the vspscript executable. however, I have not been able to find the proper functions to do this. It seems that i am only able to take screenshots through the GUI, either through the screenshot  tab or by running a script that has the screengrab function.

I was wondering if taking screenshots of the geometry is possible through the vspscript, or is this not a functionality that is introduced. Additionally, if the GUI must been open, what would be the commands to manipulate to produce a front, top, and side view.

thank you!

Rob McDonald

Aug 15, 2022, 12:02:24 PM8/15/22
to ope...@googlegroups.com
Yes, the GUI must be open.  Also, for some functionalities, the manipulate view GUI must be open.

Check out the 'testanimate.vspscript' script included with the VSP distribution.

Rob

Andrew Rogan

Aug 15, 2022, 12:38:47 PM8/15/22
to ope...@googlegroups.com
Hi Rob,

Thank you for the quick response and the information. I will check out the testanimate.vspscript file

You received this message because you are subscribed to a topic in the Google Groups "OpenVSP" group.
To view this discussion on the web visit https://groups.google.com/d/msgid/openvsp/CAEppYpGyp6cQKgOs88Nzisj1%3DygA6ZTFV8GV0dzCp%3DMoyGBiGw%40mail.gmail.com.