Slices with pseudocolor plots of velocity components

36 views
Skip to first unread message

CEM ALBUKREK

unread,
Sep 30, 2026, 1:37:37 PM (9 days ago) Sep 30
to OpenVSP
In the VSPAero Viewer, I am trying to generate pseudocolor plots of the velocity components, just like the default plots for Cp. As the velocity vector is visible in the quiver plots, what I am trying to do should be trivial, but I am not finding any way to do this.

Any pointers are appreciated.

Thanks

Cem

Rob McDonald

unread,
Sep 30, 2026, 2:41:59 PM (9 days ago) Sep 30
to OpenVSP
Right now, the viewer is only set up to plot Cp.  This is closely related to velocity - just in different scale.  You could likely modify the viewer to plot velocity instead.

Alternatively, there is an experimental python tool for working with VSPAERO output.  It includes a visualization tool.  I played with it a while ago, put it on GitHub and made an announcement -- but nobody seems to have shown any interest in it.

https://github.com/ramcdona/OpenVSP/tree/pyVSPAERO

That might be another place you could start playing.

Rob

CEM ALBUKREK

unread,
Sep 30, 2026, 10:03:59 PM (9 days ago) Sep 30
to ope...@googlegroups.com, OpenVSP
Thank you very much, Rob. I will look into the package. In the meanwhile I used thr sampling feature to extract a subset of the values I needed.

Best

Cem

On Sep 30, 2026, at 14:42, Rob McDonald <rob.a.m...@gmail.com> wrote:

Right now, the viewer is only set up to plot Cp.  This is closely related to velocity - just in different scale.  You could likely modify the viewer to plot velocity instead.
--
You received this message because you are subscribed to the Google Groups "OpenVSP" group.
To unsubscribe from this group and stop receiving emails from it, send an email to openvsp+u...@googlegroups.com.
To view this discussion visit https://groups.google.com/d/msgid/openvsp/1fd0e569-b678-45dd-a861-d4fb6df0d4b5n%40googlegroups.com.
Reply all
Reply to author
Forward
0 new messages