Best Practices for Offset leading edge?

Mike Vivaldi

Apr 3, 2024, 9:03:14 PMApr 3
to ope...@googlegroups.com
I've been working on an aircraft that has an offset leading edge and I accomplished the offset by using a 0 span section with a larger tip chord and the modify x/c variable to realign the trailing edges. Every time I open the file that section does not maintain the chord that was saved. (see below)
image.png
When It should load as follows:
image.png
Is there a better way to accomplish this? I thought about using 2 wings but realigning the second wing is very challenging.

Thanks,
Mike

Rob McDonald

Apr 4, 2024, 12:58:06 AMApr 4
to OpenVSP
This is a bug.  Can you provide the *.vsp3 file that does this?  Just this component, delete everything else.

thanks,

Rob

Mike Vivaldi

Apr 4, 2024, 11:16:06 AMApr 4
to OpenVSP

Hi Rob, I've attached the file. Section 6 is the Leading edge offset. The chords should be as follows. Section 6: R = 239.457, T = 245.767, Section 7: R = 245.767 T=118.03. The appropriate values are stored in section 5 and 7 I also the analysis of the wing does still get meshed with this tiny section causing the load distribution graph to go very negative at this location.

Thanks!
Mike
707_OpenVSP_wingbug.vsp3