Lift Coefficient and Section Lift Coefficient

Inseo Choi

Mar 30, 2023, 2:37:32 AM3/30/23
to OpenVSP
Hi.

I'm comparing the Lift Coefficient(CL) and the section Lift Coefficient of an Wing(Cl).

The problem is the difference size between CL and Cl.
fig1.png
The Figure 1 shows the section lift coefficient distribution along the semi-span.

Mode4 is best CL because of the propellers located at wing tip.

And, the Mode3 and Mode4 do not show the big difference in CL but, Mode2 is bigger than Mode1 anyway(but very small).

But when I sum the area of the section lift coefficient(Cl * dy), the area of the Mode3 is bigger than the Mode2.
( I used 'trapz' function in MATALB )

Trapz Area Mode 1 = 0.7735
Trapz Area Mode 2 = 0.7780
Trapz Area Mode 3 = 0.7907

Which information should I trust, Total CL or Integrated Cl ?

Best Regards,
Inseo.

Inseo Choi

Mar 30, 2023, 2:39:50 AM3/30/23
to OpenVSP
Files about the Aerodynamic coefficients
- polar(CL)
- lod(Cl)

C1M2: Mode2
C1M3: Mode3
C1M4: Mode4
2023년 3월 30일 목요일 오후 3시 37분 32초 UTC+9에 Inseo Choi님이 작성:
C1M3N2R1_lod.dat
C1M4N2R1_lod.dat
C1M4N2R1_polar.dat
C1M2N2R1_polar.dat