OpenVSP display settings question

Eric Cheng

Oct 9, 2021, 12:39:04 PM10/9/21
to OpenVSP
Hi all,

When I took a screenshot of the model I built in OpenVSP, I found a black wireframe related to the propeller that shouldn't appear. Is there a way to hide it?

I want to know how to hide or remove these black Wireframe on the propeller in OpenVSP?

Looking forward to your answer, thanks in advance.

Eric

微信图片_20211010002733.png

Brandon Litherland

Oct 9, 2021, 2:59:49 PM10/9/21
to OpenVSP
View > Adjust > marker length to zero

Rob McDonald

Oct 9, 2021, 8:06:20 PM10/9/21
to ope...@googlegroups.com
You can also turn the feature lines on the propeller off.  When the propeller is selected, there is a radio button on the Geom browser to turn off the feature line display for an object.

These aren't just random wireframes.  One is a circle that depicts the direction of rotation of the prop.  Another depicts the thrust direction.  The final one depicts the rotation axis for a folding prop.  These markers usually have size 1.0 -- but if your model is in large units (resulting in small numbers for dimensions), you end up with something like this -- with giant markers.

As Brandon said, set their size to 0.0 and they will vanish.

Rob

Eric Cheng

Oct 10, 2021, 4:10:07 AM10/10/21
to OpenVSP
Thanks very much, I  have solved this problem successfully.