Slaan oor na eerste ongeleesde boodskap

skyc...@gmail.com

ongelees,
14 Mrt. 2023 23:15:472023-03-14
aan OpenVSP
Hello,

I've gotten a fuselage with an inlet duct in it to run in VSPAero (I think admin rights was critical to getting that to happen), and have been using the CP Slicer to view volume results.  I can't see the option to increase the grid density for the slice though.  Is that an option?  Currently my output is like five cells across the whole domain.

Thanks!
Bryan

Rob McDonald

ongelees,
15 Mrt. 2023 02:11:402023-03-15
aan ope...@googlegroups.com
There are a couple bugs with the volumetric slicing and also the Cp slicing.  They are technically different things, even though we use the same GUI elements to specify both (and it is labeled for Cp slicing).

Right now, you can't control the extent or the resolution of the volumetric slicing.

Importantly -- the resolution of that slice has nothing to do with the quality of the solution.  A potential flow code does not need/have a volume grid as part of the solution.  Instead, the volume slice is purely a post-processing step on a solution.

I think we may increase the default resolution some and/or add some hooks to give some user control.

Rob

nandana v

ongelees,
15 Mrt. 2023 05:11:162023-03-15
aan ope...@googlegroups.com
Sir,
   Is it possible to do the acoustic analysis of contra rotating propellers in open VSP. If it is possible could you please give me the details of the analysis steps and result calculation methods.

--

Rob McDonald

ongelees,
15 Mrt. 2023 13:24:282023-03-15
aan OpenVSP
Please do not hijack an existing thread with an unrelated question.  Open a new thread for a new question.

Rob

Antwoord almal
Antwoord skrywer
Stuur aan