Multiple bodies in .inp file

Tim S.

Aug 18, 2022, 8:45:40 AM8/18/22
to OpenVSP
Does the possibility of including various meshed parts in one .inp file exist? This would be especially useful for evaluating the eigenfrequencies for a complete aircraft configuration.

Rob McDonald

Aug 18, 2022, 11:39:14 AM8/18/22
to OpenVSP
At present, there is not automatic way to do so.

However, 3.29 has the ability to add an offset to the node and element numbers for a structure.  You can offset your 'second' structure such that its numbering starts 'after' your first structure.

Then, you can combine the two files into one.  I am not sure how much the ordering of parts of the file matters.

Rob

Tim S.

Aug 19, 2022, 5:31:47 AM8/19/22
to OpenVSP

Great, that is what I was looking for, I wanted to make sure if this feature exists before writing a script for it.

Thanks