Groups
Groups
Sign in
Groups
Groups
OpenVSP
Conversations
About
Send feedback
Help
Group path
OpenVSP
1–30 of 3452
The OpenVSP discussion group is the place to ask questions, report problems, make requests, or just discuss OpenVSP. When joining, give us a short message about why you want to join. It helps us separate real people from the bots.
Mark all as read
Report group
0 selected
Mike Novikov
,
Rob McDonald
14
1:24 AM
OpenVSP 3.52.1. Strange values of roll , pitch and yaw moments.
Sorry, when the spreadsheet opened, it was scrolled to the right (missing a bunch of the first
unread,
OpenVSP 3.52.1. Strange values of roll , pitch and yaw moments.
Sorry, when the spreadsheet opened, it was scrolled to the right (missing a bunch of the first
1:24 AM
Rob McDonald
,
Mike Kelly
7
Oct 7
OpenVSP 3.54.0 Released
That is exactly the idea behind Split and Stitch. let me know how they work for you (and if it is an
unread,
OpenVSP 3.54.0 Released
That is exactly the idea behind Split and Stitch. let me know how they work for you (and if it is an
Oct 7
KAVIN P AERO
Oct 7
OpenVSP Propeller Analysis: Difference in Thrust Between Imported and Manually Defined Airfoil
Hello, I am working on a simple propeller analysis in OpenVSP/VSPAERO. I noticed a significant
unread,
OpenVSP Propeller Analysis: Difference in Thrust Between Imported and Manually Defined Airfoil
Hello, I am working on a simple propeller analysis in OpenVSP/VSPAERO. I noticed a significant
Oct 7
Brandon Litherland
Oct 7
Test from email
Testing sending a post to group from email instead of direct post.
unread,
Test from email
Testing sending a post to group from email instead of direct post.
Oct 7
David Clemens
,
Rob McDonald
3
Oct 5
Issue / weird behaviour when using TE Closure on blended sections.
There isn't really a solution at this time. OpenVSP must interpolate the airfoils across a
unread,
Issue / weird behaviour when using TE Closure on blended sections.
There isn't really a solution at this time. OpenVSP must interpolate the airfoils across a
Oct 5
Michele Tuccillo
, …
Rob McDonald
4
Oct 2
Wing-Propeller Unsteady Pressure Export for Noise Analysis
Many thanks for your quick feedbacks and suggestions. I will set up a simple test case ( Python 3.11,
unread,
Wing-Propeller Unsteady Pressure Export for Noise Analysis
Many thanks for your quick feedbacks and suggestions. I will set up a simple test case ( Python 3.11,
Oct 2
王明坤
Oct 2
Two VSPAERO propeller geometry issues: blade–hub intersection and cylindrical foil camber surface
Hi, I am currently using OpenVSP/VSPAERO to analyze a propeller with a hub, and I have encountered
unread,
Two VSPAERO propeller geometry issues: blade–hub intersection and cylindrical foil camber surface
Hi, I am currently using OpenVSP/VSPAERO to analyze a propeller with a hub, and I have encountered
Oct 2
CEM ALBUKREK
,
Rob McDonald
3
Sep 30
Slices with pseudocolor plots of velocity components
Thank you very much, Rob. I will look into the package. In the meanwhile I used thr sampling feature
unread,
Slices with pseudocolor plots of velocity components
Thank you very much, Rob. I will look into the package. In the meanwhile I used thr sampling feature
Sep 30
Luka Porenta
,
Rob McDonald
2
Sep 30
FEA Property and FEA Material
Materials and Properties are containers, there is a method to set the name of a container https://
unread,
FEA Property and FEA Material
Materials and Properties are containers, there is a method to set the name of a container https://
Sep 30
Yasushi Morikawa
,
Rob McDonald
6
Sep 28
Setting of Thin Set and Thick Set
I made a simple test script 'test01.py' to investigate the cause of the problem. The problem
unread,
Setting of Thin Set and Thick Set
I made a simple test script 'test01.py' to investigate the cause of the problem. The problem
Sep 28
Rob McDonald
Sep 25
OpenVSP 3.53.0 Released
Some cool related features, a bunch of library and build system updates and a handful of unimportant
unread,
OpenVSP 3.53.0 Released
Some cool related features, a bunch of library and build system updates and a handful of unimportant
Sep 25
Rob McDonald
Sep 19
OpenVSP 3.52.0 Released
OpenVSP 3.52.0 This one almost went out the door as a .4 bugfix-only release made from trimmings on
unread,
OpenVSP 3.52.0 Released
OpenVSP 3.52.0 This one almost went out the door as a .4 bugfix-only release made from trimmings on
Sep 19
Marcus White
Sep 16
How to Build OpenVSP 3.51.3 RPM for RHEL/AlmaLinux 10 using Mock
Hi everyone, Here are step-by-step instructions for building a native OpenVSP 3.51.3 RPM for
unread,
How to Build OpenVSP 3.51.3 RPM for RHEL/AlmaLinux 10 using Mock
Hi everyone, Here are step-by-step instructions for building a native OpenVSP 3.51.3 RPM for
Sep 16
Koaib Kaleem
,
Rob McDonald
7
Sep 8
Non-zero induced drag (CDi) at CL≈0 — possible degenerate wing root XSec
right right thanks alot for taking out time to explain. On Wednesday, September 9, 2026 at 2:49:58 AM
unread,
Non-zero induced drag (CDi) at CL≈0 — possible degenerate wing root XSec
right right thanks alot for taking out time to explain. On Wednesday, September 9, 2026 at 2:49:58 AM
Sep 8
Koaib Kaleem
2
Sep 8
.adb file not found
in reply to prev msg (not sure if it was sent) geom is attached; if the same geom has generated the
unread,
.adb file not found
in reply to prev msg (not sure if it was sent) geom is attached; if the same geom has generated the
Sep 8
Sam Smith
, …
Rob McDonald
9
Sep 8
Propeller performance curve with VSPaero
I think this match is amazingly good and I would be thrilled to have it. When plotted vs. J, we
unread,
Propeller performance curve with VSPaero
I think this match is amazingly good and I would be thrilled to have it. When plotted vs. J, we
Sep 8
Mike Kelly
, …
Brandon Litherland
4
Sep 3
Bogie GetParmVal
Rob: I think this is just a misunderstanding on my part on how the API works. In the case of wing
unread,
Bogie GetParmVal
Rob: I think this is just a misunderstanding on my part on how the API works. In the case of wing
Sep 3
O Morandon
,
Rob McDonald
3
Sep 3
Cut on elevators
Hello Rob, please find attached the horizontal tail. It works with the thin representation, there is
unread,
Cut on elevators
Hello Rob, please find attached the horizontal tail. It works with the thin representation, there is
Sep 3
KAVIN P AERO
,
Rob McDonald
2
Sep 1
Parameters measuring Axes from OpenVSP
Your message footer is inappropriate for this venue. Clearly, you have posted this message to a
unread,
Parameters measuring Axes from OpenVSP
Your message footer is inappropriate for this venue. Clearly, you have posted this message to a
Sep 1
Jeff Robinson
, …
Koaib Kaleem
4
Aug 27
Exporting Labeled Aircraft Design Data from OpenVSP
Thanks!!! Jeff Robinson 110 Brigham pl. Clayton NC 27527 919-247-7648 On Thu, Aug 27, 2026 at 12:06
unread,
Exporting Labeled Aircraft Design Data from OpenVSP
Thanks!!! Jeff Robinson 110 Brigham pl. Clayton NC 27527 919-247-7648 On Thu, Aug 27, 2026 at 12:06
Aug 27
Mike Kelly
,
Rob McDonald
3
Aug 27
Initial warnings after reading vsp3 file in Python
Thanks for the good info, Rob. I will ignore the control surface warnings, and I created a single
unread,
Initial warnings after reading vsp3 file in Python
Thanks for the good info, Rob. I will ignore the control surface warnings, and I created a single
Aug 27
SV001R (SV-001/R)
, …
Brandon Litherland
6
Aug 24
Is there any temporary file for *.vsp3?
As you likely discovered, there are no autosave files. I also painfully experienced this just today
unread,
Is there any temporary file for *.vsp3?
As you likely discovered, there are no autosave files. I also painfully experienced this just today
Aug 24
Rob McDonald
Aug 17
OpenVSP 3.51.3 Released
While this version breaks from the strict 'speed only' theme of .1 and .2, this release is
unread,
OpenVSP 3.51.3 Released
While this version breaks from the strict 'speed only' theme of .1 and .2, this release is
Aug 17
Mike Kelly
,
Rob McDonald
6
Aug 15
Python API Attributes
Glad that you got it to work. I won't say that we made it easy for you -- or for the AI. But AI
unread,
Python API Attributes
Glad that you got it to work. I won't say that we made it easy for you -- or for the AI. But AI
Aug 15
Mike Vivaldi
,
Rob McDonald
8
Aug 15
Conformal issue with fuselage
Thanks Rob, I will do the same then I just wanted to ensure doing so wouldn't break the file.
unread,
Conformal issue with fuselage
Thanks Rob, I will do the same then I just wanted to ensure doing so wouldn't break the file.
Aug 15
Sean van Hees
,
Brandon Litherland
3
Aug 12
Induced drag and influences
Thank you Brandon for the suggestion. I have given it a go, also improving the tessellation and
unread,
Induced drag and influences
Thank you Brandon for the suggestion. I have given it a go, also improving the tessellation and
Aug 12
Koaib Kaleem
,
Brandon Litherland
3
Aug 11
broken cfd mesh
I'd spend some more time making sure that the target mesh and your VSP model are aligned and that
unread,
broken cfd mesh
I'd spend some more time making sure that the target mesh and your VSP model are aligned and that
Aug 11
Sean van Hees
,
Brandon Litherland
2
Aug 11
Negative CL at low negative AoA
I really didn't change much besides the surface resolutions. No changes to geometry. I ran
unread,
Negative CL at low negative AoA
I really didn't change much besides the surface resolutions. No changes to geometry. I ran
Aug 11
PKG
, …
Rob McDonald
6
Aug 7
OpenVSP crashes immediately when loading vsp3 file after repeated Undo on Stack Rotation
I can't debug this properly until I'm back home, but here is the stack trace from the crash..
unread,
OpenVSP crashes immediately when loading vsp3 file after repeated Undo on Stack Rotation
I can't debug this properly until I'm back home, but here is the stack trace from the crash..
Aug 7
Cooper Cook
,
Rob McDonald
4
Aug 7
Geometry Analysis Name Via API
Yes, the Geometry Analysis is a Container. There is a method in the API to set the Name of a
unread,
Geometry Analysis Name Via API
Yes, the Geometry Analysis is a Container. There is a method in the API to set the Name of a
Aug 7