Fwd: XCOR CEO Jeff Greason named to White House panel to review NASA human space flight programs

Bryan Bishop

Jun 2, 2009, 5:50:16 PM6/2/09
to openvirgle, vir...@googlegroups.com, kan...@gmail.com
---------- Forwarded message ----------
From: XCOR Aerospace <announ...@xcor.com>
Date: Tue, Jun 2, 2009 at 4:47 PM
Subject: XCOR CEO Jeff Greason named to White House panel to review
NASA human space flight programs
To: kan...@gmail.com

PRESS RELEASE

Contact:
Mike Massee
XCOR Aerospace
Phone: (661) 824-4714 x127
Fax: (661) 824-0866
E-mail: pr...@xcor.com

XCOR CEO Jeff Greason named to White House panel
to review NASA human space flight programs

June 02, 2009, Mojave, CA:  Jeff Greason, co-founder and CEO of XCOR
Aerospace and vice-chair of the Commercial Spaceflight Federation, was
named by the White House to a panel of independent experts that will
examine alternatives for advancing the United States' human space
exploration agenda.

The Review of U.S. Human Space Flight Plans Committee will examine
ongoing and planned NASA activities and present options for a safe,
innovative, affordable, and sustainable human space flight program
after the retirement of the space shuttle. The committee, which
includes independent experts from a variety of backgrounds - academic,
military, private industry and NASA - will present its results to the
Obama administration.

"I am honored to be asked to serve on the committee. Each of the
distinguished members brings unique experience and perspective to this
challenge," said Greason. "I am deeply committed to seeing the
enormous potential of space made a reality. I will apply my experience
in the aerospace and information technology sectors to help the
committee carefully explore the choices we face.

The blue-ribbon panel is charged with assessing architecture options,
taking into account these objectives: 1) expediting a new U.S.
capability to support use of the International Space Station; 2)
supporting missions to the Moon and other destinations beyond low
Earth orbit; 3) stimulating commercial space-flight capabilities; and
4) fitting within the current NASA budget.

XCOR Aerospace is a California corporation located in Mojave,
California. The company is in the business of developing and producing
safe, reliable and reusable rocket engines and rocket-powered
vehicles.  Its Web address is: www.xcor.com.

###
Forward email
This email was sent to kan...@gmail.com by announ...@xcor.com.
Update Profile/Email Address | Instant removal with SafeUnsubscribe™ |
Privacy Policy.
Email Marketing by
XCOR Aerospace | PO Box 1163 | Mojave | CA | 93502

--
- Bryan
http://heybryan.org/