tag wildcard rollup

Chris Skaife

Oct 5, 2021, 7:22:05 PM10/5/21
to OpenTSDB
perhaps I imagined this but in 2.2 or possibly 2.3 there was a feature introduced on the UI to roll up wildcard tags into one plot by clicking the small box to the right of the tag but this later went away and was deemed a bug (the going away)but at 2.4.1 it is still not correct.

To clarify suppose we have a metric server.cpu and a tag server then if we have not tag we get one plot for all servers added or averaged according to our choice. If we put server=a* then we get all servers beginning with a shown separately. But if we check the box on the right we would expect to see all servers beginning with a rolled up to one plot but it does not work. Checking any of those boxes does not cause the url to update at all and obviously that is what drives the plot.

Am I missing something here to enable this feature to work ?