Subject: Inquiry About OpenTripPlanner API's Capabilities and Coverage

Fabien de Fanswaves

Jan 25, 2024, 8:40:14 PMJan 25
to OpenTripPlanner Users

Dear OpenTripPlanner Support Team,

I am writing to you on behalf of Fanswaves, an innovative platform designed to revolutionize the fan experience for various events globally. Our platform integrates a social network with a marketplace, allowing fans to effortlessly plan and attend events. Our aim is to offer a seamless experience that includes event ticketing, transportation, and accommodation booking, all within a single interface. Try our MVP : https://app.fanswaves.com/

We are considering integrating the OpenTripPlanner API into our platform to enhance our transportation planning features. Before proceeding, we have a couple of specific questions regarding the capabilities and coverage of the OpenTripPlanner API:

  1. Global Coverage:

    • Does the OpenTripPlanner API provide coverage only within the United States, or does it extend to global territories? We aim to cater to a worldwide audience and need an API that can support international travel planning.
  2. End-to-End Journey Planning:

    • Can the OpenTripPlanner API facilitate end-to-end journey planning between cities within the same country (e.g., from Franconville in Val d'Oise to Munich for a Bayern Munich match) as well as between cities in different countries (e.g., from Lille to Madrid for an Atletico Madrid match)? Our users often travel both domestically and internationally for events, and we are seeking an API that can accommodate these diverse travel needs.

Understanding these aspects of the OpenTripPlanner API is crucial for us to proceed with its integration into our platform. We appreciate your prompt and detailed response to our queries.

Thank you for your assistance and support.

Best regards, Fabien Selles CEO of Fanswaves.