Assistance with OpenTripPlanner for Isochrones using GTFS and Public Transit

Jiří Komínek

Jan 24, 2024, 1:39:49 AMJan 24
to OpenTripPlanner Users
Hello OpenTripPlanner community,

I hope this message finds you well. I am reaching out as I am currently working on creating isochrones for accessibility using GTFS (General Transit Feed Specification) and public transit data.

I have successfully downloaded OpenTripPlanner 2 and managed to set it up on my localhost server. I can generate itineraries, but unfortunately, the window displaying the itineraries is often empty. I am unsure about the reason behind this issue.

Furthermore, I have attached the link to my GTFS data along with a snippet from the PBF file for the Czech Republic obtained from Geofabrik.

https://drive.google.com/drive/folders/1MRvL4Y9EaUnFvyQQkBHkXjlNals8xzNl?usp=sharing

When attempting to build a graph with the same data using OpenTripPlanner 1.5, which should be capable of computing isochrones, I faced difficulties and was not successful. Could you please provide guidance on where I might be making a mistake? Additionally, I am curious to know if calculating isochrones with these datasets is indeed feasible.

I appreciate the support from this fantastic community.

Thank you,

Jiři