OTP 500 Error

Bailey Steele

Oct 23, 2023, 5:19:14 PM10/23/23
to OpenTripPlanner Users
Hi All,

We are encountering an error when conducting a search within one provider's service area. I have posted some of the stacktrace error below. Is this error caused by something in the GTFS Files, the OSM data, the API call, or the OTP config?

What is most peculiar is how this is only happening when I search within one provider's area. If I search throughout the rest of the state, which has other provider's data, this does not occur. This leads me to believe it is because of the GTFS data, but I am not sure what aspect of it could be wrong.

If needed, I can post additional info.

java.lang.IllegalArgumentException: This operation is not defined for negative numbers.

at org.opentripplanner.raptor.rangeraptor.transit.RaptorSearchWindowCalculator.roundUpToNearestMinute(RaptorSearchWindowCalculator.java:95)

at org.opentripplanner.raptor.rangeraptor.transit.RaptorSearchWindowCalculator.calculate(RaptorSearchWindowCalculator.java:85)

at org.opentripplanner.raptor.service.RangeRaptorDynamicSearch.calculateDynamicSearchParametersFromHeuristics(RangeRaptorDynamicSearch.java:288)

at org.opentripplanner.raptor.service.RangeRaptorDynamicSearch.runHeuristicsSequentially(RangeRaptorDynamicSearch.java:202)

Bailey Steele

Oct 23, 2023, 6:21:38 PM10/23/23
to OpenTripPlanner Users
One thing I just noticed -- This is only occurring when I perform a transit, transit with flex access, transit with flex egress, or a transit with flex access and egress search. If do a "Flex direct" search, the error doesn't occur and I see the flex routes.