OpenTripPlanner takes a really long time to return itineraries

Michael Tsang

Jan 24, 2024, 6:11:57 AMJan 24
to OpenTripPlanner Users
Hi all,

I have an OpenTripPlanner server with Great Britain wide data loaded, however it takes a really long time (a few minutes) to return itineraries, even for a local journey within London, especially after the settings are changed. The server doesn't have any realtime data loaded.

The API I use is the HSL GraphQL API, the number of itineraries I request is 10, and the various costs and reluctances can be adjusted in the app, which is one of the unique selling points of the product under development.

The server has 96 GB of RAM and expects a very light load, as it hasn't gone public yet. I hope, at this stage of development, to have the server returns itineraries under 15 seconds (preferably under 5 seconds) for a local trip. How can I resolve this issue?

otp-config.json
{
"otpFeatures" : {
"TransferConstraints" : false,