The Airport problem

Ishay Rosenthal

Sep 20, 2021, 8:38:37 AM9/20/21
to OpenTripPlanner Developers
Hello openTripPlanner developers,
maybe someone could assist with this problem?

When navigating to big campuses like Airports and universities, the coordinates requested might fall too far from the street network and we're getting no results found.

This seems to be due to not taking in highway tags with access restrictions + a limit of 200 m maximum distance from the street graph allowed.

If we increase the 200m parameter, we might get routed to the nearest street where there might not be an actual entrance.

A possible solution would be if OTP would take Entrance type into account. Is this implemented / on the roadmap / possible?

Any other ideas?

Thanks!
- Ishay.

Ishay Rosenthal